Trick or Treat

I went to school on Thursday and it was extremely awkward with Wyatt. He was a complete jerk and I don't know how I didn't see it before. He had already moved on and I saw him in the corner of the cafeteria making out with one of our schools volleyball players. He was such a player. 

At lunch, Jake came up to me and was a little awkward but we had a nice talk. I was sitting outside under a tree and he came and sat next to me. 

"Hey there." He grabbed my apple and took a bite. 

I laughed, "Heeeyyy! That's mine."

I sat on his lap facing him and grabbed it out of his hands. I then realized what I had done and looked down awkward. Jake took the situation to his advantage. "Jay, I can't live like this, and Tom told me about Wyatt. What do I need to do to fix this?"

I looked down and didn't answer. I didn't know what to say because I didn't have an answer for him. 

"Please Jay! I need something to go off of."

He kept bugging me for a while until I finally yelled, "I don't Know okay! I just don't know. Do you know how hard it is to love someone so much, to watch them every day knowing they could be yours, but also having something holding you back. Jake, I don't know what's holding me back, but something is and I don't think it's time yet. I'm sorry..."

He reached into his bag and pulled out an apple. "Sorry for eating yours, I just wanted to see what you'd do."

He got up and left. UGGGHHH! What was I doing? Am I an idiot? Why don't I just get back together with him already???

Friday morning came and Hallie and I weren't going to school today. We were meeting Madi at the Starbucks in town. I was so excited to see her again. It had been months, and Hal was excited to meet her. I was worried that my old best friend meeting my new best friend would make a problem, but after we had had multiple face time calls and late night chats together, I didn't worry at all. I knew they were going to love each other. 

The plan was to meet Madi at the Starbucks at 10:00 to talk and catch up, and then we'd be home by noon. My dads plane was landing at 2:00 and Hal couldn't wait to see him. Madi was absolutely in love with the show too, but she knew him as my Dad first before she fell in love with Dean Winchester. We were so excited for our families Halloween party tomorrow night.

Hallie stayed the night at my house, and we set up sleeping bags and "sleep-over goodies" all around our bonus room upstairs for the three of us to sleep in until Sunday with Madi.

Hallie and I were at Starbucks by 9:50 and went inside to wait for Madi. She was a little late, but we didn't mind. We knew she was driving all the way from Dallas. She walked in at about 10:15 and I recognized her immediately. I jumped up and ran over to her hugging her. 

"Oh my gosh Madi, I've missed you like crazy." I turned around and grabbed Hal's hand. "Oh my gosh you have to meet Hallie. I just know you're going to be best friends!" 

Madi immediately wrapped her arms around Hallie. "It's so good to finally meet you. Thanks for taking such good care of Jay!" 

"Haha she's been the one taking care of me I can assure you."

We hurried and got our drinks and sat down to catch up. We talked all about what happened throughout the year and what it was like back home in Dallas. My cousins had bought our house and Madi still looked after it for me making sure it stayed the home it was meant to be. 

Finally she asked the question I wanted her to avoid. "So whose this Jake guy and when do I get to meet him?"

Hallie answered for me, "They broke up about a month ago," and then behind her hand but clearly loud enough for me to hear, "but Tom and I think their getting back together pretty soon."