This is Not Goodbye...

Jake and I stayed at the clubhouse until about 1:00am. We finally had gotten sick of the crowds, loud laughter, and drunken teenagers. We took a quiet ride to the main cabin. My grandparents had already gone to bed, and my parents were waiting up for us in the kitchen.

Once we walked in, my dad walked over to Jake and I. He hugged each of us and said, "Alright, now that you're home I don't have to worry. I'm going to head to bed."

"Goodnight Sir." Jake said.

We both walked to the kitchen where my mom was drinking a cup of hot chocolate. As she finished, placing it in the sink, she walked over to us saying, "Alright kids. Don't stay up too late. Love you."

"Love you mom."

Jake and I decided we weren't quite tired enough for bed, but we wanted to get into our warm pajamas. We hurried to our cabin to change into our matching Dallas Cowboys pajama bottoms. He threw over his head one of his football sweatshirts, while I grabbed one of my Uncle Jareds AKF hoodies. Jake was sitting on the bed tying his shoes, and I ran over and wrapped my arms around his shoulders from behind. "Ready to go babe?" I said giggling.

He laughed spinning around quickly while also pushing me onto the bed. I was thrown back onto my back. He leaned over me and said inches from my face, "I'm not sure... are you?" His smile always got me. He could get me to do almost anything for him with that smile.

"Yes!" I laughed trying to push him off of me. He didn't agree with that though... of course, and softly kissed me. "Alright Jake. We need to get back to the cabin if we want to play games with my cousins still."

"Alright, but they just have to accept that I'm the champion at Monopoly!"

I busted up laughing, "Whatever. Let's just go."

"Alright." He threw me over his shoulder and started running.

"Jaaaakkee!!!!!" I laughed but was scared he'd drop me. "Why don't I just ride on your back?"

"I'm fine with that." I hopped off and jumped on his back. He walked us over to the other cabin, and as we walked in I saw that Porter and a few of my other cousins were sitting in the living room talking. Jake joined them while I walked into the kitchen to find Mia. She had made a big pot of hot chocolate for everyone with Mia asleep in her arms.

I walked up to her, "Can I hold Lacy?"

"Yes please." She practically begged. "It's kind of hard to poor these hot chocolates with a sleeping baby in your arms."

I walked into the other room with Lacy in my arms and sat next to Jake on the couch. He had become close with my cousins these last few days. He sat back and wrapped his arms around me as I cuddled Lacy into my arms. We started to play a game of Apples to Apples when Mia walked in with a tray of hot chocolates.

We all had a ton of fun together playing games until almost four in the morning. Well, they did. I had fallen asleep with Lacy in my arms on Jakes lap by 2:30.

I realized the next morning at eight that we had all fallen asleep on the couches because Lacy started to get fussy. Mia woke up and grabbed her from me.

"She probably is hungry." She took her into the other room and I woke up Jake.

"Hey, Jake." I shook him awake. "We need to leave in two hours. You should probably wake up."

He was awake now and took our mugs from last night into the kitchen before picking me up bridal style and running across the snow into our cabin. It was freezing outside so I wrapped my arms around him as he practically sprinted.