Don't mess with Jake

I finished applying some last minute make-up, enough that I looked good enough to go to a bridal shop, and I hurried out of the room. I was already five minutes late and I was sure Ariel was downstairs waiting for me impatiently.

I hurried and grabbed my phone off the counter and slipped on my black pumps that looked adorable with red dress I had on. I looked like I was eighteen, but I wanted to look mature around Lisa. Jake stopped me at the door and blocked my way.

"Jake, what are you doing?" I said annoyed and in a hurry. "I have to go."

"You can't leave me without a goodbye kiss?" He said laughing and practically begging. I quickly kissed his cheek and he laughed.

"Ha... ha... ha... whatever! I'll take it!" He laughed, "Have fun with the girls, I'll call Trevor and see if he can bring Em tonight."

"Awesome. Love you Jake!"

He looked right at me and smiled, then softly said, "I love you too beautiful. Have fun."

I hurried out the door and ran to the elevator. As the doors opened, I saw a much too familiar face leaned up against the wall as if he staged the whole thing.

"Connor what are you doing here?" I said so surprised and shocked. I walked into the elevator and he rode down with me.

"What? I miss my Jay, a guy can't see his girlfriend when he misses her?"

I rolled my eyes because I was so annoyed and sick and tired of his crap. "Connor, I've been gone for seven months, AND we broke up almost a year ago. Why are you here all of a sudden?"

"I saw you were on the News and wondered if you needed my help?"

"So you flew all the way to New York to see me?" I said still hardly able to look at him.

"My dad had a business meeting so we took his private jet up here. Aren't you glad to see me?"

I straight up told him the truth. "No Connor, I'm not. I broke up with you eleven months ago, and here you are? You said you saw the News huh?"

"Yeah?"

"Well then you know I'm happily in love with my very serious boyfriend."

"Where is he? I'll kick his butt for my girl!"

I laughed at that comment. "Haha! In your dreams. Jake could take you and your four brothers at the same time in less than five minutes."

"Oh, so this Jake guy? What's so special about him." He said leaning in to me seductively. He smelled like an entire bottle of Axe spray had spilled all over his shirt. It was unbearable.

"Jake, he was the wide receiver on our schools football team, and is the starting post on our schools basketball team. Everyone loves him. Almost as much as I do. He's absolutely amazing, and he is everything I wanted in a boyfriend that I never got from you."

Connor shot up and had fire in his eyes. He grabbed my arm and held it pretty tightly. "Listen here Jay. I didn't come all the way to New York to take no for an answer. Come back to me, or you're going to be sorry."

The doors to the elevator opened, thank God, I tried to release myself from his grip but I couldn't. Then I heard Jake's voice from around the corner. "Hey Jay, I ran down the stairs because you forgot your... purse..." He stared at Connor, who stared back at him unable to comprehend how big and strong Jake really was. Jake dropped my purse on the ground and immediately grabbed Connor by the his shirt and threw him against the elevator walls. I hurried out of the way and grabbed my purse. Ariel was waiting in the lobby outside the elevators and stayed to watch the action.