Welcome to the Cabin

I woke up the next morning as I felt a warm ray of sunlight resting over me, coming from the window. I pulled my hand up close to me as it was laced with Jake's, and checked his watch to see what time it was. Nine-thirty.

I nudged Jake to wake up, "Hey babe. We need to get up. My mom wanted us to be done packing by eleven."

He Tossed in his sleep, mumbling words I could barely understand, "Just... five more... minu...t..s..." 

I couldn't help but laugh, grabbing him by his hands and pulling him up. He was so much taller and bigger than I was, that I could hardly keep him up. He soon woke up rubbing his eyes and said, "Alright. What all do we gotta do?"

"Well, it's going to take me about forty minutes to pack. What about you?"

"I can be done in five. But then you'll want to make sure I've not forgotten anything and then realize I've forgotten like everything... so let's say it'll take me a solid twenty minutes." He said practically mocking me. 

He always made me laugh. "Deal." I stood on my tip toes to give him a quick kiss. "Meet me downstairs at 10:20 and we'll have breakfast."

"Sounds good to me beautiful."

I hurried to my room to pack, grabbing practically my entire bathrooms supplies of make up, hair products, curling irons, straighteners, my blow dryer, and I couldn't forget the necklace Jake gave me earlier this school year. I literally wore it everywhere now. 

In McCall, Idaho this time of year it's literally in the single digits of degrees Fahrenheit. I grabbed a long black mermaid dress that I had bought for New Years last year and never wore. Carefully placing it into my suit case, I also grabbed my bright red strapless dress as well. It had a sweat heart neckline, and a mermaid style fit. I didn't know which dress I'd want for the teens party, so I packed both. 

I also filled my suitcase with hoodies, Miss Me jeans, and two of my cowgirl boots. I knew once we were in Idaho I'd fit right in. I swear, next to Texas, I'd LOVE to live in Idaho. It makes me laugh when I hear people who even live in the states say: What's Idaho? I mean seriously, it's one of the best places in the world. You can do anything here!

My dad's family was all going to be at the cabin, which was one tiny detail I left out when I told Jake. Which I wasn't keeping things from him, I just didn't want him to worry about meeting my family. I met most of his family earlier this month, and didn't want him to worry like I did.

I looked at my clock and saw that it was 10 o'clock. I had my suitcase on the bed with everything sprawled out around it. As I was shoving things into it I suddenly felt two arms wrap around me. I knew them much too well. Turning around I wrapped my arms around his neck. 

"You finished?" I asked him. 

"Yep. All ready!" He was definitely excited to go.

"Did you remember some hoodies?" I asked sounding like a mom now.

"Yep." 

"What about some dress clothes for New Years?"

"All ready and packed."

"What about your phone charger?"

"Yes ma'am!"

"And your...?"

He interupted me, "Jay, baby, I'm totally good. I literally sat there for five minutes thinking of things you'd remind me to get and then packed them." He smiled pausing for a moment with that beautiful smile of his that just sent shivers through me. "Then I asked your dad if I maybe forgot anything. So I'm set."