Awkward Third Wheel... and the Library

I feel on top of the world! I have an amazing boyfriend who knows everything about me, and there are no secrets between us. He just gets me in every way and I love everything about him.

Throughout the rest of the week, I spent the evenings with Jake. On Thursday he took me to the library where he wanted to show me his favorite book. Of course Tom tagged along. I felt bad because I had kind of stolen his best friend.

"Ok, this is it." He walked back from the book shelf to the table where we were sitting.

"The Princess Bride?" I looked at him surprised. "Oh my Cas I love that book!"

He smiled and handed it to me, "Well, looks like I won't have to convince you to read it."

"Are you kidding me? I've read that book so many times." I kept smiling and wondered if I ever smiled too much around him. "Have you seen the movie?"

He kind of smirked and chuckled, "I haven't had the opportunity."

I looked to Tom with a shocked face! "What are we doing this weekend?"

He laughed and said, "I don't think anything. Why?"

"Ok, I don't have the movie here with us, but it's at our beach house. We should go this weekend."

Jake looked at me with a confused look, "You really think you're dad will let us go away for the weekend?"

"Tom's beach house is right next door. You guys can stay there."

Tom looked at me, "You really want to stay in that huge beach house all by yourself while Jake and I party up in mine?"

"No, I'll bring Hallie. The four of us can party it up all weekend. Plus, you've kind of been third wheeling it and really need to just get a date."

Tom rolled his eyes and Jake busted out laughing.

"Whatever." he said walking off. "I'll call my Dad and see if we can."

"Ok, I'll call our moms and see if they're cool with it."

Jake looked at me and smiled.

I chuckled a little, "What are you smiling at?"

He just kept looking at me with a slight smile on his face. "You're just so beautiful."

I wanted to cry, and could feel the tears filling up in my eyes. "Shut up," I said hitting him in the arm, "Why do you have to be so amazing?"

He just laughed.

I called my mom and she said as long as Jake stayed with Tom in Uncle Jared's beach house then they were fine with the idea. Now came the hard part, convincing my Dad. He knew Jake and I had started dating, and I think deep down he really liked him.

I called my Dad, and surprisingly he answered. I figured he'd be shooting or busy with the directors.

"Hey princess. How's my little angel." he said answering.

"Hey Daddy. How's work going?"

"The usual. We just finished filming the mid-season finale."

"Really! Any spoilers?"

"Nope. You'll have to watch like the rest of the world."

I laughed, "Dang Dad. You'd think that me being your daughter, I'd get to hear a little spoilers once in a while."

He chuckled and said, "So what's up?"

"What do you mean?"

"Oh come on honey. You know you only call me when you need money, or you miss me so much you're crying. And I can't hear any tears, so what's up."