Wyatt

It had been three weeks since I broke up with Jake. I have to admit, I never stopped thinking about him and every time I saw him it got harder and harder to be without him. I could tell he was feeling the same too. We still talked to each other at football games and he'd come over every now and then to be with Tom, but we only had quick two minute conversations here and there. I wanted so bad to work things out with him, but something inside of me just couldn't forgive him yet.

Halloween was only a week away, and I just couldn't even wait. My dad was coming home on Friday to spend the weekend with us. Halloween was on a Saturday this year, and we were throwing a HUGE party. I was super excited and worried all at the same time. Jake was going to be there because Tom invited him, and I didn't know what to do. It was all I could handle having to be around him at school, but spending the entire evening with him was going to be almost impossible. I was still as in love with him as I was before, or even possibly more. I realized how much I loved him after I had lived through the sick feeling of missing him so much. 

I woke up this morning and it was another typical Monday morning. I hated Monday's with a passion. My first three periods were boring as ever and it was finally time for lunch. Jake had switched his schedule before we broke up so that he could have the same lunch as me, and now it just made things hard for the both of us. We still sat at the same table together with the football players and other cheerleaders. 

I had gotten my food and went to go sit down. I was talking with Hallie and the other cheerleaders when I felt a tug at my pony tail. I turned around to see a tall guy who I had never seen before. He continued walking but winked at me. I had never seen him before, and wondered where he came from. 

"Who is that?!" Tracy almost yelled. 

I shooshed her and continued to look at him. Hallie cleared her throat to get my attention and directed me over to Jake who was silently eating while the rest of the football players laughed. He hurried and looked away right as I looked at him. He grabbed his food and threw it away before finishing it, and walked outside. 

"Jay, you've got to know this is killing Jake. I mean it's been 3 weeks. Why don't you talk to him?" Hallie said looking at me in concern. 

"I don't know. I love him so much, but I just don't know if I can trust him anymore."

"Well, now I guess you've got to decide. It looks like you've got your ex who is struggling through life watching all these guys drool over you, and then you've got the new guy wanting to ride the Jay Train. What are you going to do?"

I didn't even know what to say, so I didn't say anything. I said there in silence and listened as the other girls talked about how absolutely HOT the new guy was. 

Lunch was over and I was on my way to my next class. The hallway was as crowded as ever, and as I tried to squeeze my way through, I tripped on one of the guys feet, and tumbled to the floor dropping the textbooks I was carrying. 

Then all of a sudden there were two hands helping me out. I looked up to find the new guy who I had seen at lunch. 

"Hey, you're the new kid right?" 

He looked at me and smiled. "Yes Ma'am. I just moved here from Tennessee."

The girls were right, he really was handsome. "Tennessee huh? Sounds cool. Well, my name's JJ. What's yours?"

He handed me my books and said, "Why don't you get a coffee with me after school and I'll tell you?"

"Oh, I don't drink coffee."

"Okay, whatever you want. Let's get a drink and I'll tell you about myself."

"Okay. Sure." I was a little hesitant. I mean, I was still completely in love with Jake, and now here's this new kid from Tennessee whose tall, dark, and handsome. He was literally the perfect guy. (Except for me, the perfect guy was Jake. If only I could find a way to fix things with him.)