The Beach House

I woke up the next morning excited out of my mind. I could hardly sleep the night before. I got up at six to pack and get everything ready for the trip.

I packed my favorite swimming suit, just in case we decided in our spare time to hit the beach. I wanted to pack light to show the guys that girls really don't bring everything they own with them.

Once I was finished, I walked downstairs with my bag, and Tom looked at me surprised. "That's really all you packed? I'm surprised you didn't bring half of your closet with you."

I punched his arm, "Hey, girls can pack light too you know."

We both laughed and walked into the kitchen. I grabbed a bagel and the orange juice. He got out the lucky charms. No matter how old that kid got, he'd never be too old for his lucky charms.

Around seven o'clock my mom and Gen walked down stairs and saw us fully dressed and ready to go.

Gen looked to my mom, "I don't think these two are ever even ready for school this early in the morning." My mom just laughed at us and went to get her own breakfast.

Before we left, my mom gave me two hundred dollar bills. She said to make sure we had enough food and that if we needed anything to just call. I think she forgot that Dad put $500 in my debit account every month for my allowance. I had almost ten thousand dollars now and wanted to save it for college even though I know my Dad could pay for my education in one episodes worth of shooting.

Jake was at our house by 7:45 and we left shortly after for Hallie's house. I kissed my mom before we left and all she said was, "Be safe and even more important, be smart." I gave her one more hug and said, "I love you mom. Wish you were coming to the convention."

My mom and Aunt Gen decided to take Shep to New York for the weekend to another convention. However this one was for gamers. We all knew it would be the best weekend ever for Shep.

We got to Hallie's house on time surprisingly and she was ready to walk out the door. I could tell she'd spent all night packing and was ecstatic to go. She sat in the back with Tom, while I sat in the front with Jake; holding his hand as he drove us to the air port.

We pulled up and parked in my Dad's reserved parking spot in the parking garage. We walked passed everyone in the air port passing the security and luggage boarding and following Harold who was waiting for us to arrive. We followed him to my Dad's plane. Inside was four lounging chairs facing a couch that looked like it could fit ten people. In the middle of the room was a coffee table and under it was where we dumped our luggage. We knew it'd only be a few hours and didn't go to the trouble to packing it under the plane.

During our flight Jake sat on the couch and I fell asleep laying on his lap. I guess I must've been exhausted because I woke up after what only seemed like a five minute cat nap and we were already in California. Jake was stroking his fingers lightly through my hair to wake me. Hallie was asleep in one of the lounging chairs and Tom just threw a pillow at her. Jake laughed as she fell to the ground.

"I'm up! I'm up!" she said obviously still half asleep.

We grabbed our stuff and left the plane. I gave Harold a hug, and thanked him for all of his help.

"No problem princess. I'll see you Sunday."

The drive to our beach house only took about twenty minutes, and Jake was annoyed that he couldn't drive. Something about hating how slow taxi drivers were. His complaining stopped when he realized my dad's driver was picking us up... in our limousine. Hallie was pretty much bouncing off the walls. I could tell she had never been in a private jet before, or a limo; but she seemed to be having a blast.