Trip Home... Kind Of

Hey guys! I'm back from my vacation! Hope you absolutely loved the last chapter. I know how much fun I had writing it. This one is about what happens on their way home from the trip. Not going to lie, it's a pretty sad story but ends well at the end of the chapter. Enjoy!! :)

We couldn't stay at the barn forever. Although I wanted to stay wrapped up in his arms for ever and ever, but by two or three o'clock in the morning we woke up in each others arms leaning against the tree we had sat against the night before, and we decided it was probably time for us to head back. Tom and Halie were asleep on the docks under towels, and we ran over to wake them up. Jake grabbed Hallie by the back of her shirt and threw her in the water.

She jumped out and screamed. "What the heck Jake!!?"

Tom jumped up and said, "Paybacks suck Jake!" Tom picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. He ran down the docks and jumped in the freezing water with me in still in his arms. Jake ripped off his shirt and ran in, cannon balling as he did so. Halie ran over to us and wrapped her arms around Tom as they were treading water. The water was so dark, so I was absolutely horrified when Jake went under and I couldn't find him. I started looking around, until I suddenly feel him grabbing me from behind and pulling me into him. He was so much bigger than I was that it felt amazing to be in his embrace.

He kissed me softly brushing my wet hair away while doing so. He rested his forehead on mine as we rubbed noses. "I love you, my beautiful Jay."

"I love you too." I said smiling and laughing at the fact that there wasn't anything in the world that could make me take my eyes off of him.

"Oh my gosh, could you two get a room?" Tom was loving the fact that Jake and I were together, but I could tell he was getting sick of the ooey-gooey mushy lovy stuff. "You're making me look bad in front of Halie, Jake." He said laughing with a half-smile.

"Just face it Tom, you don't got the game I've got."

"Except for on the field, Bro." Tom made sure to make a point of.

"You're right. Except for on the field."

Tom and Hallie jumped out of the water and walked over to the tree where we had all laid our clothes to stay dry. I swam over to the dock to get out. Jake just sat in the water treading water. He watched as I got out.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." I said giggling at him.

I was half way down the dock walking back to the tree when I could hear Jake running after me. He grabbed me and threw me into his arms. I laughed knowing he would do that, and wrapped my arms around him as he held me tight.

We all put our clothes on and got ready to leave. My hair was a tangled mess after being in the water, and Hallie's was of course just beautiful beach waves. I always loved how she liked to show me up, but I didn't care because we were all so happy. None of us wanted to leave.

It was such a beautiful sight, riding the horses back to the barn and watching the sun rise. Hallie was so tired and with her arms around Tom, she fell asleep as we rode back to the barn. It really was adorable to watch her rest her head on his back. He had one hand on the reigns and another hugging her leg.

Jake and I were a little more comfortable on the ride back. He had us riding bare back. He sat facing forwards on the horse with his hands wrapped around me holding on to the reigns. I sat backwards on his lap with my arms and legs wrapped around him. I rested my head in the crook of his neck, and fell asleep in his arms. He let go of the reigns with his left hand and began running his hand down my back. He was so warm and fuzzy. I absolutely loved being around him.