Back to Normal

(Jake's POV)

I looked into her eyes and continued to let the tears fall down my face. She looked exhausted and sore after her surgery, but she was so strong. I knew if it weren't for her great strength, I wouldn't be able to make it through this. She was the thing helping me keep it together, even though I should have been the one keeping it together for her. I just stayed there by her side holding her hand, and started talking to her.

"Hey there beautiful. There's those pretty eyes I know and love."

She looked at me. She was definitely tired and started to say, "Hey Jake, where's my mom?"

"Tom called your parents, they should be here soon."

Just as I said that Danneel came running through the door. "Oh. my baby! JJ are you okay?" She sat on the bed next to Jay and hugged her. I was so glad her mom was here for her, I knew she needed her. Just as I stood up so they could have their moment Jensen grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the room. I can honestly say I was scared for my life. He pulled me out of the room and into the hallway. I thought he was going to punch me.

We were in the hallway now and just as I turned around to face him he pulled me into a hug. I was so completely shocked and started to hug him back. He let go of the hug and just rested his right arm on my shoulder.

"Son, I have to thank you. These past few months, you've been the one whose there for Jay when I couldn't. You've been the shoulder she's had to cry on when I was gone. You've been the one to wrap your arms around her and give her comfort when I couldn't. You've been the one to give her advice when I couldn't. You were there for her in the best and worst times," he started to choke up and tried to fight back the tears, "when I couldn't. Son, I have to thank you for all of that. I am honored to say I've left my daughter in your hands. You're a good kid, and I don't know of anyone I'd trust more than you and Tom to take care of my little princess."

"Thank you sir. It's been rough though. I thought I was going to lose her today." I started to cry again and he pulled me into a hug.

"It's okay son, that's what I like about you. You love her almost as much as I do," he chuckled, "and that feeling you're feeling right now, that's why I am willing to trust you with my Jay."

He let me go and we both just put on poker faces and pulled back our cool. We walked into the room to see Jay asleep with her mom. Danneel had her arms wrapped around her and was sleeping too.

Jensen walked over and knelt down on one knee by her bedside. He started running his fingers through her hair and rubbing her cheek with his thumb. She softly woke up and saw him. Her eyes immediately lit up. "Daddy!"

A tear ran down the side of his face. He said softly, "Hey princess."

"I missed you daddy."

He started choking up, and looked at her, "What's up with you and these hospitals? I'm going to get in trouble if I have to keep leaving."

Jay giggled and said, "Well I'm sorry that my apendix hates me!"

They both softly laughed with each other. It was fun for the four of us to spend some time with each other. That night I got us chinese food and we ate together at the hospital with Jay. They had her stay one more night to see how she'd recover, so we all stayed with her. Jensen and I slept on the chairs in the room, while Jay and her mom slept on the bed.

That Sunday they let us take Jay home. I was so glade because I didn't know how more I could take being in the hospital. 

(Jay's POV)

They released me from the hospital Sunday morning, and we went to get some lunch together. We told my Dad all about our razor riding trip and how much fun it was. I sat next to Jake at lunch where he held my hand the whole time.