Happy New Year!!!

I laid there in bed next to Jake, as he fell sound asleep. He was so perfect.

Some thought it was 'just sick and wrong' that we felt comfortable sleeping together, but the fact was that Jake and I respected each other. Better yet, we loved each other. He knew that I wanted to save myself for the man I marry. Even if he was sure that it would one day be him, he loved me enough to wait for the right time to take the next step in our relationship.

He laid there with his right hand placed comfortably under his pillow, while he pulled me into him wrapping his left arm around me. I laced my fingers in with his as he softly mumbled, "Good night beautiful. I love you."

I just exhaled, thinking about what I was leaving behind these next few months. "I love you too."

*****

I found myself in a field of flowers. I had on a long summer maxi-dress. My hair was flowing in curled locks through the wind. I looked in every direction to see if anyone was there. It was just me, surrounded by miles and miles of flowers. There were mountains surrounding me as well. I suddenly heard Jake behind me whispering in my ear, "Please, don't leave me Jay. I can't be without you." I turned around looking to find him, but there was nothing there.

Just then I realized that I wasn't in the field of flowers any longer. I was in a small house with toys spread all over the place. Crayons were scattered across what appeared to be the dining room table. It was a humble home, much like mine back home in Dallas. I suddenly felt two hands wrap around my waist. Startled I jumped and turned around to see Jake. He had a small amount of facial hair now, much like my fathers, except now he looked to be about twenty five.

"How's my beautiful wife?"

Wife? Where was I? "Um, just fine honey." I stuttered, obviously sounding not myself. Just as he said that two little girls came running in the room and attacked me with hugs.

"Mommy! Mommy! Grandma and Grandpa are here!" They grabbed my hand and lead me to the front door.

My dad walked in with his hand laced with my mothers. He hugged me and shook Jake's hand. My mother hugged me, and handed me the gift sack that was in her hand.

"What's this?" I asked taking the sack from her.

"You don't think I'd forget my baby girls birthday do you?"

The two little girls ran up to my mom and threw their arms around her. "How are my two favorite granddaughters?" She asked bending down to their level. The older seemed to be about four, and the younger no more than two years old.

I took the sack into the kitchen and set it on the counter. My dad and Jake, I could hear, were in the living room watching what seemed to be a Cowboys football game. My mother helped me in the kitchen. "Is there anything I can do to help JJ?"

I stood there blankly, not even knowing what to do. Suddenly I could smell a casserole in the oven, and moments after heard the timer beep. "I don't think so. Would you like something to drink?"

"Sure, thank you darling."

I awkwardly searched the cupboards for the wine glasses, until she got up and walked over to where she knew they had always been. She looked at me with sympathy, "It's alright Jay, let me help you. I know you were a little forgetful with your first two." My first two? What did she mean by that?

I walked over to the pantry and grabbed a bottle of champagne and poor it into two glasses. I handed her a glass and lifted one to my mouth. Just as I did so my mom stopped me in panic. "Justice?! What are you doing?"