.-*.

"Wow. I mean– Wow. But are you sure you'll have time to finish this? It just seems like a lot of work for such a short while. I don't doubt you, of course, I know you're brilliant, I've seen you in action but I can't help but worry. This design is so... intricate. What even made you change your mind? Weren't you almost finished?"

"I... found a new muse..." Cole muttered, rubbing the back of his neck. Vania turned to him, her eyebrow raised.

"New muse?"

"It's not..." He sighed. "But I can make it, right?"

"Of course! I just don't want you to put too much on yourself... You're still not feeling well, I've seen how you held your head this entire morning. If you at least took some paink–"

"You know I'm not a pills guy."

"I know, Cole, but I don't want you to overwork yourself. You could make this for some other time if you need rest, your first design is so close..."

"No. No, I've gotta make this."

Vania put the papers down, turning away from the table to face Cole, who avoided her worried gaze. "Well... suit yourself." She passed by him, about to leave when he spoke up.

"Um– Vania?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I ask for one more thing?"

"Of course!" Her kind smile always made his day. Cole couldn't ask for a better best friend.

"Could I get two tickets for the fashion show? I know I usually–"

"No need to say more, Cole. Of course I'll get you the tickets, come on, you've been working here for years, do you think I'm going to get mad at you for asking for two tickets? Now it was three that would put you on thin ice but come on, two?"

Cole laughed along with her, looked down and nodded. "All right. Thanks, Vania."

"Sure..." He thought she would leave any moment, that he would sit back down and– "May I ask who is it for? You never really ever asked for any."

"Just some friend." What's wrong with his mouth? Does he really have to smile like that every single time he thinks about them?

"Oh, your new muse!"

"I didn't say that!" Her melodic laugh filled his ears and he had to shake his head. Very professional, truly.

"Sure. I'll leave you alone now."

After he watched her leave his office, Cole ran a hand down his face, the stupid smile still tugging at his lips.

This was getting ridiculous. He should say something.

Well... he did, didn't he? He asked Kai what they were and he got his answer which was pleasant but he had to admit that he hoped for maybe something else. But he wasn't reading wrong into it, was he? It was kind of obvious... Or was he just mistaking it all over again? Why did it all have to be so confusing?

Maybe he should've been more straightforward...

Cole shook his head. It didn't matter, he had work to do and he had to smile even more at the thought of showing off the final product.