*********-

Everything was ready and Kai was on his way.

Ninjago City wasn't built in a day, he had to keep reminding himself whenever his eyes travelled to the ordered dinner waiting on the table. He had a different homemade skill prepared for that night, it was fine.

The amount of joy bubbling inside his chest was absurd considering they saw each other almost every single day, even if for a quick, traditional exchange at the coffee shop. Somehow he never grew tired of welcoming Kai at the door, receiving a welcome kiss and grazing his hand against the small of Kai's back as he led them inside.

Quite the opposite, actually, each time excited him for the next. Like a sweet treat after job well done, sweet kiss after another day managed without crumbling under the weight of the world.

"Is this what we're eating? It looks like drugged bird feed." Cole was quick to slap Kai's pointing hand away.

"Hey, those are my romantic plans for the evening." He led him away from the bowls, to where the actual dinner sat.

"Okay, what do you have in store for us?"  Kai queried once he finally sat down, hands washed, things put away.

"What do you say to movies and making bracelets together?"

Dining, they shared recaps of their day, Kai choked through some of his terrible jokes until they finally nestled on the couch where Cole tried to teach Kai how to tie a finished bracelet.

Tried, because it wouldn't be them if they didn't get a little sidetracked.

The rest of his night got kind of lost in the golden haze and sleepy kisses.