*.*****

"Morning, my usual, please."

"Good morning, Cole." He frowned at her odd tone. "Have you and Kai had a 'We'll tell each other everything' talk yet?"

"... No. I suppose we haven't."

"Good." Skylor pulled the coffee cup out of his reach just as he raised his hand to grab it. Then he pulled out a white envelope and went to hand it to him, but kept it out of reach just like the coffee. "I bet he did tell you about a birthday party, though, right?"

"Yeah. You, Nya and Pixal are the ones orchestrating those."

"Oh, so they educated you, nice. Well, I do have to need you to swear to me that you won't show this to him or talk about this or, you know, just don't spill the beans, got it?"

"Yeah. Of course. I won't spill the beans." He tried taking the invitation but Skylor pulled it away again.

"No matter what," she demanded.

Cole nodded and repeated his words, "No matter what."

"All right." Finally, he was allowed to take the envelope from her. The coffee, not as lucky, was still kept as some sort of a hostage. "I swear to Master, Cole, if we learn that he kissed you or bribed you in some way into-"

"I won't tell them!" he exclaimed. "I'm trustworthy, don't worry."

"Fine then." He pushed the cup back towards him over the counter. "Enjoy your coffee."

"Thank you."

He was just walking away, ready to walk out into the street when he heard Skylor's voice again.

"We've got eyes on you!"