**

Kai the Coolesttoday, 12:23

Kai the Coolest
today, 12:23

Hii Kaii
Im almost there
And I didn't have any breakfast so im really hungry
Just so you know

im not letting you in

???

KAI??
What the hell?

I FORGOT LEMONS
read, 12:31

He was contemplating his next reply when a bright red blur behind the glass door caught his eye. Cole looked up just in time to see Kai run from the stairs towards the door and he had to hold back a laugh when Kai got close enough which allowed him to see the panicked face. He moved out of the way and Kai exited the building, their panting now being audible.

"What do you need lemons for?" he asked with a smile as Kai tried to catch his breath.

"The lunch that is a surprise, so stop trying to get it out of me, I'm not gonna spill the beans!"

"Ooh, are we having beans for lunch?"

"No."

Cole laughed and patted their shoulder. "All right, let's go then. As I said – I'm really hungry."

Going to a grocery store with Kai was... certainly an experience. The entire trip consisted of Kai getting distracted, then going back on track because they were panicking they left something in the oven... Cole had a hard time trying to not laugh at the entire store and helping them instead.

What should've been a quick stop for lemons turned into a little longer stop for (the darned) lemons, ice cream, some gum and a lot of stuff they probably didn't necessarily need but bought anyway.

And now Cole was left to occupy a lone armchair because Kai refused to let him anywhere near the kitchen (not that the smell didn't spread through the place). He fumbled with his phone and listened to the chaos that was going on in the forbidden room.

Given all the evidence, he was beginning to doubt the promises Kai gave him. Should he be worried?

Kai's head peeked out from behind a corner.

"If you wanna play some music, I have a record player over there." He decided to follow the pointing finger. Not only to busy himself in some way but curiosity sparked in him and while snooping around may not be respectful, Cole couldn't help himself.

Is there a better way to get to know a person than to go through their vinyl collection?

He settled on Help! by the Beatles, which was in a terrible state but Cole assumed it must've meant it was loved. Or just in a terrible state.

After all, Kai wasn't kidding. Not just his room but the entire flat was... way messier than his own. Still better than his studio, for sure. But in some way mess just fit Kai. He couldn't imagine them having a squeaky clean house, neatly organised with everything having its own exact spot. That would probably feel out of place. Cole noticed it was filled with photo frames with various people in them, with three kids appearing most often. Kai seemed to be accompanied by one ravenette and one blond and he guessed those were the famous siblings he kept hearing about.