.*-*

"Do you want some wine too? Don't be afraid to ask for anything, tonight's about you!"

Cole looked down at his plate to hide how flustered he got by all the attention. It wasn't unusual for Vania and he should've gotten used to it a long time ago but there he was.

"Come on, Vania, it's not that big of a deal..."

"What? This is one of your biggest projects so far! What about a Sagrantino? Or Australian Shiraz? Oh! And champagne, of course! Let loose a little, it's not bad to enjoy things every once in a while."

"You're too good at spoiling..." He has given up on trying to talk her out of it. Not only was she already talking to the waiter but part of him enjoyed it and another part of him knew that talking her out of it would be an impossible task.

"I would've been a wonderful aunt."

"Sure."

And once he gave in on eating at a fancy restaurant and getting some expensive wine, he also agreed on getting that deliciously looking cake for dessert as well. It kind of went downhill the moment Cole agreed to go on a dinner with Vania if by 'downhill' one means enjoying some expensive pampering.

"I'm giving almost everyone a day off after the show but I would like to give you a week, so if you could just let me know some dates, it'll be no problem."

"I feel like you're just making favourites now."

"It's called giving you a reward."

"Isn't my reward my salary and praise from the media and critics?"

"Well, then take it as me getting myself some reasons to hate you more if you ever piss me off."

"Now we're talking!" He had to contain his laugh when she shook her head. If Cole was truly grateful for something, it was for the people he has in his life.

Speaking of, he checked his phone once Vania left for the bathroom only to see that Kai had a blast in their silent chat.

heyyyy
hope youre having fun!
i mean, you DID miss out on a can of beans

Photo

but its fine at least there was more for me
lmk when you get home, ok?

He didn't even know about the smile on his own face, it was second nature at that point.

What, youre expecting some leftovers?

i didnt say that!!
but hey i wouldnt complain yk

Hmm, I think Ill bring you something ;)

REALLY??
you dont have to if you dont want to!
but if youre already decided, who am i to talk you out of it?

Well its been prepared for a while...

huh?

Youll see

you know im too impatient
oh youre doing it on purpose!!

I wouldnt dare

-_-

:)

>:(

:D

i would be careful with my coffee if i were you

Aw no, is it not gonna be made with love anymore? :(

im going back to my can of beans

Did you not finish it yet?

not everyone eats like the foods gonna disappear any second you know!

Rude

now you know how i feel!

"What are you so smiley about?"

Cole looked up just as she was sitting back down. "Nothing. The show. I'm really excited about the show."

"Me too but you don't see me giving heart eyes to my phone."

"That's because the only thing your phone is good for is yelling at your father in French."

"I'll let you know my phone works perfectly well as a storage for my photos of Chompy."

"How is he, anyway?" And that sent her on a long rant about her geko that perhaps has a more interesting life at times than Cole would guess for such a little creature. Cole loved to listen to her rants, and he loved it even more when it meant her questions about him can remain unanswered without any suspicion. Not that she wasn't about to meet the cause of his 'heart eyes' in a few days.

As their nice little evening came to a close and they found themselves about to leave the restaurant and head their respective ways, Vania handed him an envelope whose shade of pink was so light, it looked almost shite.

"Here's the ticket you wanted." Her pointed look let him know that she noticed what he has done. But he kept his cool.

"Thank you. Have a good night!"

"You too, Cole."

His excitement was so difficult to contain, he would've skipped all the way over to his place had it not been for his full stomach.