******

"Pixal, Nya and Skylor usually take care of it. Especially after Jay and Lloyd's fiasco but I had fun. But I gotta give it to them, those three are really good at party planning, they always make it interesting somehow, like I swear they manage to make each birthday unique somehow. And they know a wonderful bakery. Oh, when you get a taste of those cakes... You'll leave me for them but I can't blame you 'cause I would do the same. They're just so good, it's a ticket to heaven. It's often themed somehow but you'll know what to do when you get the invite. They keep trying to keep me out of it as if I'm not often helping them take care of last-minute things."

With Kai's head in his lap, Cole quietly continued drawing while listening to him talk about his upcoming birthday party. A smile was playing on his lips.

"I would advise you not to tell me the theme though... Unless you want to face their wrath. And Pixal seems like a nice and calm and collected person but trust me, you do not want to mess with her."

"Duly noted," Cole muttered absent-mindedly, catching Kai's attention.

"What are you drawing?"

"Nothing."

"Hey, if you're drawing me again, you don't have to feel embarrassed or hide it, you know? I think it's sweet."

"It's not you this time."

"What a shame." Kai sat up and turned around to face him. "What is it then?" Before they could lean over and get a peek, Cole shut the sketchbook close and put it behind him on the grass.

"Nothing interesting."

Humming, Kai narrowed his eyes. "Playing mysterious, I see."

"Nothing mysterious, just trying to save you from boredom."

"Sure... Boredom..." Cole cupped his jaw, leaning in for a kiss. "I know what you're trying to do and it won't work."

"You sure?" Cole whispered to him, placing kisses over his jaw, making his way over to his neck.

"Plenty sure," Kai replied, shifting in his place a little, his voice strained. Cole couldn't help but smile when he felt him tense up under him.

"That's good, beautiful."

"All right! I get it, you don't want to tell me, no need for this insane PDA."

"Okay then." As he said this, he began tickling Kai, trying to hold him in place as he squirmed and fought to free themself.

"You're the worst!"

"I'm the what?"

"I hate you!" Kai yelled through the unstoppable giggles. "I hate you! I hate you!"

"Ah, your laughter is music to my ears."