*********

During their intentional wandering around the town (Kai definitely didn't make them take the wrong turn) on their way from the beach, they stumbled upon a small fair. This late, all the stands were already closed, no lights were flashing and no music sang, but they decided to give it a visit before they have to depart back home the next day.

Waking Cole up was, once again, a challenge. And while he did help pack their things, he was not thrilled about the fact that his vacation was over so soon. Although, it was not completely over yet, he had one last day to enjoy.

After breakfast, they ventured back into the streets, hoping they remembered the way right. Even if not, the rising noise was enough of guidance to help them find the fair again, this time properly booming with life.

Every attraction was calling people to come and try, various songs played all around until they meshed into incoherent noise in the middle where they stood and looked around. Kids ran around, chasing next stand, and parents chased after them.

For Kai it seemed to work as a cup of fresh coffee in the morning, as his eyes sparked even in the daylight and they grinned in a way not everyone would consider the best of omens.

"I'll be right back," they said before getting lost in the chaos.

For Cole, it was still too early to worry about the trouble his boyfriend may attempt to get into, instead, his attention was grabbed by a nearby stand with candy floss. Of course he bought the biggest one, who could tell him no?

It didn't take Kai too long to come back. Although it was unnecessary for him to sneak up behind Cole and scare the living hell out of him. And then use the opportunity to laugh at him.

"Very lovely. Why don't you tell me where'd you go?"

"I was getting flowers for my flower-loving boyfriend, of course," Kai replied, sticking said paper flowers into Cole's hair. "I am a threat to those stands, all five tries successful."

"Not that I'm not impressed, but if my math is right, this is three, not five flowers."

"... I might've been mugged by a few cute kids."

Cole grinned at him. "You're so adorable."

"Shut up." Taking a handful of the candy floss, Kai stuck it into Cole's mouth to muffle his laughter. "Seems like you need help with this, I want to wreck you at dodgems before we have to go."

"I would be careful if I were you, you haven't seen me in action yet."

Tilting his head back, Kai raised an eyebrow. "You wanna bet?" he challenged, stuffing his own mouth with the colourful floss.