***

"I'm supposed to give you this." Skylor waved his hand with the money off. "It's on the house."

"Man, this way I'll be sent coffee to my place before I even wake up."

"Oh, I bet Kai would make perfect breakfasts to bed," Skylor mused, making Cole's face dangerously heat up. He decided to leave before he could manage to give anyone (and especially Skylor) more opportunities to get him flustered like such.

Once outside, he observed the cup. Knowing Kai – and of course there was a message. Probably the modern version of messages in bottles. Cole had to smile.

18:00 don't forget!
and dress nicely for me ;)

The ghost of Kai's lips on his cheek was still fresh and Cole felt a new wave of excitement wash over him at the thought of seeing Kai again tonight. At the thought of going on an actual date with them. Oh, what a time to be alive! Cole couldn't wait. And he knew the wait will be longer than it should because that's just how time likes to be.

But it'll be fine. He can go 11 hours without him. Especially when such a big night awaits them.

Could it be possible his nerves were doing a lot worse than on the night of the show?

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。゚

Standing in front of a mirror, Cole kept moving his hair around. He tried having it on the left side, then on the right side. He tried a ponytail, he tried his basic look, he tried making a braid but ultimately failed. Cole tried possibly everything he could think of but to no avail, he was still unsatisfied. It was ridiculous because up until he looked at himself in the mirror - which was supposed to be a last look at himself before going to wait for Kai - he wasn't feeling nervous at all. And then he began thinking about it and now his hair was a mess and he had to fix it up all over again.

With a sigh, he gripped the sides of the washbasin and the staring contest continued. What was he supposed to do? Go as usual? But should he really? This was a special occasion... Then again, yesterday was too and he didn't worry about his hair as much. But he just really wanted to make an impression tonight, maybe some change would be nice?

But what to do, what to do?

What should he do on a first date? First date.

Butterflies fluttered in his stomach. Why was he so worried about making a bad impression? He knew Kai for quite some time now, surely he would have to make something so terribly and morally wrong to shoo him away, right? At least that's what he hoped for.

It was ridiculous and Cole was sure the time was nearing 18:00 but all he did was stand there and think. Think, think, think.

He remembered his father who always talked about his mum whenever he got the chance. As a kid, he loved listening to all the various stories, even if it was just Lou describing how beautiful she looked even when she woke up after an exhausting night. He loved watching and listening to his parents being so in love and his young romantic soul dreamed of having something similar one day too. He was so excited to show his partner to his parents one day, about talking with his dad about their loves...

One of the stories he could still clearly recall was the one on their first date. At that time he didn't really understand how his parents could even sneak somewhere without being allowed. Oh, the children's ideals. Now that he was around their age he understood, it didn't seem as unbelievable as it did.