*.***-****

A stormy cloud rumbled over the parade as Skylor blocked Cole's view.

Now you're my worst customer,” she announced.

“What would make you say that?” Cole replied, brought back to reality. His burning gaze was like a cold shower and Cole couldn't help but feel as if he was a student caught doing mischief. He was being ridiculous, fidgeting with his cup and avoiding her eyes.

“Why are you even here? You haven't touched your drink in ages.”

“I wanted to make it up to Kai, the past two weeks. It's been a murder.”

“Yeah, tell me about that,” Skylor grumbled, pinching her nose bridge, eyes closed in anguish, probably. “I can't stand you two.”

“Aw, come on, why do you hate love?”

“I don't hate love, I just think you two are insufferable idiots, that's that.”

“Skylor, I can see the green from miles away. It's okay to be jealous, not everyone can be the best couple in town, you know?”

“And you're confused why I think you're insufferable idiots…”

Cole grinned up at him sweetly, batting his eyelashes in innocence, when Kai called out to him, bringing his attention to the time. They waited by the door to the staff room.

“Looks like it's lunch break time.” Cole stretched and got up, picking up his cup as well. “Terribly sorry we have to end our conversation here, it's always a pleasure, Skylor.”

While she did roll her eyes, Cole could hear her say, “Really stoked to have you back, Stone.” Already learning that the sarcastic tone is ever-present, it did make him even more excited about being at the café once again.