*.*******.*

The sun was merciless, it was morning and they couldn't really afford to lollygag in bed but neither of them didn't even try to get up and start the day. They simply lay and stared at each other for most of the time they have been awake. Cole idly toyed with Kai's hair and Kai kept Cole enveloped in his arms.

Eventually Cole's fingers began wandering. Like a kid in a museum, he wanted to touch the prescious. Assure it's real, learn more about it, understand every detail no one got to understand before. Someone might accuse him of having pink glasses stuck on but Kai was eternally beautiful and so much of that beauty was reserved just for Cole's lucky eyes.

Fingertips lightly brushing under their lower lip, over the cheek and cheekbones under the eye...

"I dunno how this'll sound but since I met you I've been wondering where'd you get this scar..." he muttered, voice still laden with fatigue.

Kai instinctively went to touch said scar, his own hand brushing against Cole's in the motion.

"Oh, you wanna hear about the time I fought bad pirates, eh?"

"That's brought up a rather attractive image in my head... You better keep up the reputation."

"Hmm, I was cornered by, like, five guys but I fought them all off by myself. Just me and my katana... The seas now know my name, everybody gets goosebumps."

"Wow, is this what it feels like to be in the presence of god?"

Cole's gaze remained fixed on Kai's smile, even as they moved their hand to brush some hair out of Cole's face.

"Alright, I can't pull your leg, it was a stupid childhood accident."

"That's tragic."

"What's tragic?"

"You deceived me." Kai's eyes twinkling with amusement were a powerful force against the act he was trying to put up. "My dear is feeding me lies like it's nothing. The sun barely came up!"

"To be fair, I did almost poke my eye out, so it still keep it cool."

Cole buried his face in Kai's chest, his voice muffled by the surrounding fabric when he whined, "Poking your eye out is never cool, don't say that."

"Uhh, I dunno, pirates wear what? Eye patches. That could've been in my wardrobe."

"Fake ones exist, y'know?"

"I'm not a fake."

Snuggling himself closer into the embrace, Cole hummed and closed his eyes. Everything was dreamy, from the golden tint and the smell of fresh sheets to the man holding him dear. It was a shame there was a world outside screeching for their attention. Life would be so breezy if all he had to do was make gifts for Kai and lie in bed all day and let himself be kissed by them. No obligations towards society.

"I fell off a tree," Kai muttered. "Oh, and the little sweet angels called Nya and Lloyd? Main culprits, by the way."

"Never thought I'd hear the words angel and Lloyd in the same sentence."