Chapter- 12 complicated family

Arnav's Pov

"Sir, we found his address and office address", Peter informed me.
"And I mailed you all his phone number also".

"Ok, Peter. Thank you. You can go", I replied, signing on the documents.

"It's his details?" Ajay asked me entering my office.

"Yeah, I asked Peter to find out where he is living and working," I said as Ajay took a seat in front of me.

Now, I find out where our friend is living. I want to apologize to him as Naina said.

"Then let's go, we can meet him now, itself", Ajay said excitedly.

"Not now, Ajay. I have to go visit my parents and my grandparents also leaving for the world tour tonight", I said he nodded.
"Grandma wanted you there when she was leaving", I informed.

"My darling loves me more", he remarked like a drama queen as he is.

"When are you leaving for dinner?" he asked.

"In about 15 minutes", I replied.

"Ok, I have some work, I will be there in 2 hours", he remarked.

"You better not be late", I commented and he nodded before exiting my office.

After half an hour, car halted in front of a mansion where I spent my traumatized childhood. Where buried my happy moments and the only thing left is the depressive life which I lived here. Where once my loved ones became my enemies, where there is no one for me to even talk to, where all my life turned upside down with all the truth I found. Where lives my family who doesn't care about me.

I entered the mansion and an old maid of ours smiled at me as she said my grandparents are waiting for me on the lawn.

"Hi grandma and grandpa", I greeted them as I reached them. They are sitting on the chairs across from each other having coffee.

"Sit here, Arnav. Let me see my grandson", my grandma said pointing at the chair beside her and I sat down. They are the only people who loved me and haven't changed their love since my childhood.

"Are you even eating on time? See, you lost so much weight", my grandma remarked, caressing my hair and I smiled.

"Arnav", grandpa called me and I know he has something to tell me.

"Yeah, grandpa, tell me", I replied, turning all my attention to him.

"It's ok, tell me", I assured him when he was hesitating.

"As we are leaving tonight, family dinner was planned with all the family members", he started and I understood what he was trying to say.

"Devansh is also coming", he stated.

Devansh my brother, or half-brother I could add. I don't know how to react about this because I don't hate him but he hates me, hates me a lot and that he was ready to destroy my career and our company.

After talking with my grandparents for some time, I came to my room. I left this house when I was sixteen and my room is still the same, nothing changed. I caressed the photo which I used to love the most. It was a picture of my mom, Dev and me playing in the garden and then I remembered a series of memories which always haunts me.

Dev used to love me more than anyone and now, he is the one who hates me more than anyone, and that too without my fault.

I touched the bicycle which I used to ride a lot and I remember how Dev taught me to ride it.

"Come in", I responded when someone knocked on the door.

"Dinner is ready, sir. All are seated at the table", a maid informed me respectfully.