Chapter- 72 Our Baby?

Naina's POV

"But I didn't leave like a weak woman... I left with a plan," I stated.

"And my plan worked out. That's why I am here."

"What plan?" he asked.

"Actually, that night after meeting your dad, I met one more person," I said.

"Who?" Arnav asked, making eye contact with me.

"Dev," I remarked.

"Dev? Why?" he questioned, confused.

"I thought he is the only one who knows your father's cunning secrets as they don't get along well so, I met him and asked who is your father afraid of? And who can convince him?"

"And he said it's your grandfather."

"So, you went to meet my grandpa? Then why did it take you 18 months?" Arnav asked.

"Yeah, I thought of meeting grandpa and explaining all the things to him, but that is not the whole thing. I want your father to rest. I mean, I want to assure him that I am going away from you so that he can let my friends and family live peacefully."

"He actually arranged a person to come with me and arranged a place with staff to look after me. He said he wants to keep an eye on me until your marriage, but I ditched the guard and went on my own."

"Initially, I struggled not knowing where to go, but I remembered an online friend of mine who lives in Australia, so I called her and went there."

"I know you will search for me, but I don't want you to know where I am because I don't want to risk my family and friends' happiness for the sake of us."

"I know I was being selfish but--- I am sorry, Arnav," I sobbed and he collected me in his arms caressing my hair.

After composing myself I started speaking again.

"I then contacted Dev, and he helped me in contacting your grandparents, but it took almost 8 months to contact them as they were on vacation and they switched off their phones because they don't want to get disturbed by anyone."

"Finally, after a long period of trying, I got to meet them and then I explained all the things to them. I told them everything and asked for their support."

"You know, grandma liked me immediately," I said, and he smiled a little.

"Who wouldn't?" he commented.

"Then grandpa contacted uncle Singhania, and he came to meet us 3 months back and wanted to meet me personally."

"He moved on and already forgot about you," that's the first thing he told me.

"I didn't-"

"I know, Arnav," I assured him.

"He would never," I replied confidently.

"'Look how happy he is living his life without you,'" he threw your photos on the table and said 'He is going to marry Moni soon,' he stated and showed a few photos of you with Moni."

"Father-in-law, can you tell me why he is wearing the bracelet which I gifted him if he already forgot me?" I asked him and he didn't give any reply.

"Look at him. Everything he wore is branded. Then why is he wearing that cheap bracelet?"

"Because I gifted him that."

"And don't tell he already agreed to marry Moni because I don't buy it. You can't betray me with the photo which was taken in the office because anyone can meet him in the office."