Chapter- 63 Everything Falling apart

Naina's Pov

"I don't know what is happening. Your mom was also reported with false allegations in her school," dad said suddenly and I looked at her.

"What?" I asked, horrified.

"What happened, mom? Why didn't you tell us before?" Avi asked, equally shocked as me.

"Yeah, tell us clearly, mom," Ajay also asked.

"Two days back, one parent came to school claiming I hit her 8-year-old son and has been harassing kids. It was reported to the school board, and they suspended me until I clear my name," mom said.

"But I never hit him or any other kids," she explained and my heart ached looking at her helpless cries.

I know my mom would never do that. She actually loves kids a lot. That's why she chose to be a primary school teacher even though she got an opportunity to teach maths for 10th and 12th grade students.

"Mom, we know you never do such a thing," I held her shivering hands.

Ajay looked at me, and I looked at both Ajay and Avi. I think they also think the same.

"Mom, Dad, you go take a rest. We will talk about this tomorrow," Avi said and stood up.

We three walked out to the garden after sending them to their room. It was dark outside, like the moon was hiding behind the clouds.

"You think the same," I muttered as we three sat down in the garden.

"Yeah, I think someone is doing this intentionally," Ajay responded, and Avi nodded.

"Who could it be?" Avi mumbled.

And the only name I thought of was Mahindra Singhania. He already threatened me but I didn't listen to him... looks like he started his plan. That's why he sent Arnav away from me first, because if Arnav was there, he can't let anything happen.

Now everything is making sense... Why did the client only demand Arnav there? Why did they disagree when Arnav said he will send Ajay? Why was my dad only taken to the police station after Arnav's flight took off.

"We have to gather evidence to prove dad is innocent in two days," Ajay mumbled, bringing me back to reality.

"Yeah, we have to talk to dad's colleagues and his boss once," Avi agreed.

"Nain, you go and sleep. We will deal with this," Avi said, and Ajay nodded, asking me to go and take a rest.

"Ok," I muttered and came back to my room after checking dad and mom once.

I can't sleep thinking it was all happening because of me.

While I was lost in my thoughts, Arnav called me. I panicked to pick up the call, but I have to, as I promised him I will pick his call up whenever he calls me.

"Hello, Arnav," I said, acting as cheerful as ever, controlling my sobs.

"Butterfly, what happened?" he asked immediately.

He recognized my sad voice even though I managed.

"Nothing, Arnav," I said, acting actively.

"Your voice doesn't seem to be ok," he replied.

"Oh, that... I ate a lot of ice-cream today and took a cold shower in the evening so I got cold," I lied.
I now understand why people lie when they are in love.

"Accept the video call, butterfly," he said.

If he sees me, then he can easily find I was crying and he can recognize I am with my parents. What can I do?