Chapter- 24 Dinner

Authors POV

After three days.

Arnav was engrossed in his work when his phone rang making him groan in frustration due to the disturbance but his eyes lit up as he looked at the caller id.

He picked up the call and before he even greets her; she squealed loudly, making him jump from his chair.

"What happened, Butterfly?", he asked.

"Arnav, my book got selected in a big publishing house", She squealed in happiness.

"Really? Congratulations, butterfly", he replied, meeting her excitement. He wanted to help her when he found out that she was trying for big publishing houses to publish her book, But he decided to let her try... if he helps her now, she will be happy but when she finds out that he did it, she may lose her self-confidence.

"Thank you", she shouted, and he rubbed his ears due to her loud voice. She speaks loudly whenever she is excited.

"We will have dinner together at my place. Tell Ajay too", she said, and he agreed immediately.

"I will go grocery shopping at 4pm. Come if you have time", she said.

"Ok, I will let you know after talking with my boss", he replied.

"Hmm and it's ok even if you can't make time", she assured him and he hummed in response before disconnecting the call.

He called Peter Via intercom and asked him to come to his office. But when did Peter become his boss?

"What is my schedule for the afternoon, Peter?" he asked.

"You have a meeting with the financial team from 2 to 3:30. After that you are free, sir", he replied.

"Perfect", Arnav mumbled.

"But there are few files you need to check, sir", he added.

"Ok, send them to my penthouse. I will check them at home", Arnav stated.

After a busy day and attending boring meetings, he went grocery shopping with Naina. He thought it was only the two of them who were going shopping, but he was shocked to see her friends with her.

"Hi", he greeted Pooja and Payal walking beside them while Naina walked ahead of them talking with her brother on the call.

"I think you must be disappointed to see us here", Pooja said playfully and Payal laughed.

"No, nothing like that", he replied nervously.

"She actually planned to buy groceries with you but we tagged along", Payal chuckled teasingly.

"Guys, come on. Why are you walking slow?" Naina yelled as she walked back to them, and the three nodded.

"What your bro said? Is he coming over for dinner?" Pooja asked.

"Wait, does your brother also coming for dinner?", Arnav asked, tensely.

"No, he said he can't make it as he has office work", Naina muttered, upset, and Arnav took a sigh of relief as he was not ready to face Avi, at least when he was not prepared.

"We will go and buy veggies. You two go and buy remaining ingredients", Pooja said to Naina, pushing a cart to them and winked at Arnav before disappearing into the aisle with Payal.

'She knows, I know she knows but how? Am I that obvious or what', his thoughts broke when Naina called him.

"Come, Arnav", Naina started walking, pushing the cart. She put all the ingredients which were needed and some unnecessary items too.