Chapter- 32 Enough of the lies

Naina's POV

I completed interviewing him and I fucking know that it is not going to be aired by the way he answered. He literally flirted with me the whole interview.

He tried to talk to me after the interview but as always, I didn't let him say anything. And the same time he received a call, maybe that was an emergency because he left after that.

"Wait for me, butterfly", he said before going.

"In your dreams", I commented as I walked out before him and reached the elevator.

He saw me entering the elevator with sad eyes and rushed back to his cabin.

I already miss him... I want to see him, I want to talk to him, I want to hug him. My heart is screaming at me to go back to him. It's been 20 days since I saw him properly... talking to him is another topic.

I don't know what got into me but I got off the elevator when it stopped on the 20th floor.

"Miss. Naina, why did you get off?" the cameraman asked before the doors got closed.

"I forgot my mobile phone. I will go and bring it. You can go, don't wait for me", I replied and the elevator doors closed.

I was waiting for another elevator to go up as he was on the top floor which is 40th floor, when I heard a loud noise and within a few minutes all the employees were running here and there. It was so clumsy; I didn't understand what happened there so I stopped one of the employees and asked him what happened.

"It was a fire alarm. There was a fire", he said, panicked and ran to the stairs.

Fire... Arnav is there in his cabin. What if something happens to him? I ran to the stairs and started climbing up. The thought of him getting into the fire is making me restless.

I climbed up till the 25th floor when I bumped into someone and he caught me before I fell down. I remember this touch, it's Arnav.

"Are you alright?" we both asked in unison and I hugged him. He hugged me desperately, kissing the side of my head.

He was panicking and his hands were shaking, so was mine. After running for 5 floors, I was panting heavily.

"Why are you coming up when they all are going down?" he asked a little bit loudly like he was mad at me.

"For you", I mumbled.

"You are really crazy, butterfly", he sighed, shaking his head, and took my hand.
"Let's go down".

We're hurrying down the stairs when he received a call from his assistant.

"What?" he yelled as he stopped his pace and I stopped automatically.

"Ok, settle down the situation I am coming", he said and disconnected the call.

"What happened?", I asked, breathing heavily as we just stopped running down.

"It was a false alarm", he replied, catching his breath.

"So, there is no fire", I muttered.

"Yeah, no fire", he replied.

.

.

.

"Sit here, I will come shortly", he said as he made me sit on the couch in his cabin.

"Peter, send her some water or juice", he ordered his assistant and left.

After a while a lady came with a tray in her hands. She brought water and juice. After keeping the tray on the table, she left, leaving me alone in his office.