Chapter- 39 Business party

Authors POV

"I heard you have a girlfriend," Arnav's father asked as he sat on the couch.

"Yes, that's right," Arnav replied confidently, while sipping on his coffee.

"She is a random RJ and a struggling author?"

"Change your informers immediately. They are not giving you accurate information. She is not a random RJ but a famous RJ and host too and of course she is an aspiring author who has potential," he replied with a smirk.

"Whatever, leave her and marry Thara's daughter, Moni," he ordered.

Thara is his dad's friend and one of their business partners. She was raised by Arnav's grandfather as a child so she has a close relationship with Singhania's family. He knows Moni from his childhood, but he never took a fancy of her even though she likes him.

"No way," Arnav yelped.

"If you want, you can have this girl but marry Moni," his dad said lightly.

"I am not like you, dad. I can't marry a girl while loving another girl and I don't betray my love like you and I surely will not cheat on her," he huffed and walked out his office leaving his dad dumbfounded.

.

.

.

"What happened, Hero?" Naina asked, sitting beside him on the couch as she came to his penthouse.

"Nothing" he mumbled and smiled a little.

"Lying is a bad habit, Mr. Singhania," she said jokingly.

"My father came to my office today, and you know it was stressful,that's it" he replied lightly.

"Then you need this" She said and hugged him tightly.

He wrapped his hands around her desperately while kissing the top of her head.

"Do you know how much I love you?" she asked as she came out of his embrace.

"How much?" he questioned.

"I don't know, that's why I am asking you," she commented and he laughed.

Only she can make his mood better with her weird talk.

"Chalo (Let's go), we will eat, I am hungry" she said and dragged him to the dining table.

"Butterfly, I have something to ask you" he said nervously after having their dinner.

"What's it?" she asked, holding his arm and resting her head on his shoulder. He kissed her head before speaking.

"First one is, accompany me to a business party tomorrow evening" he asked.

"Business party?"

"Yeah, business party", he repeated.

"Is it ok for me to go?" she asked.

"Of course, butterfly," he replied immediately.

"Ok, then what is the second one?" she asked curiously but he didn't respond immediately.

"Your heart is beating fast... what are you thinking, Hero?" she asked curiously.

"Is it?" he questioned,

"Yes, it is", she answered and put her hand on his chest where she could feel his thumping heart.

He took her hand from his chest and kissed it before speaking.

"Move in with me" he blurted out and she fell into silence not knowing how to respond.

"It's completely your choice but I just want you in my life, butterfly. I want to wake up with you in my arms and fall asleep in your arms. I want that peace in your embrace... the happiness you give me is incredible," he stated.