Chapter- 56 Kidnapped

Author's POV

"What is your name?" she asked, turning around.

"Dev," he replied.

"Nain, why are you talking with strangers?" Avi remarked and held his sister's hand protectively.

He glanced at Dev before dragging her with him. Little Naina waved at him and ran with her brother.

Present...

"Bye, little one," Naina waved at the boy who was leaving with his mom and then she also walked out. Dev looked at her disappearing figure with a blank smile.

After coming out of the park, she looked at her watch and it's only 11 am so she decided to go to the library.

She bought a coffee and walked into the library. She selected a less crowded place and sat there with her book.

After an hour, she got a text from Pooja.

"Girl, come have lunch with me if you are free"—the text says.

"Right away,"—Naina wrote back and decided to leave.

She bought some dessert for Pooja and was about to climb the car when few men came to her wearing all black with giant bodies. They are scary with tattoos and all.

"What are you guys doing?" she asked terrified and desserts from her hand fell down.

"Playing cricket," one of the men scoffed and at the same time a car drove to them. He closed her mouth and forced her into their car, then they also climbed it and it drove off.

...

Arnav was busy working on his files while Peter was preparing for the meeting. It was very important to him as it can increase the company's turnover drastically.

Ajay was also stuffed with work... Everyone in the company was working, forgetting the time as this client is very strict with time and deal. He is like a typical one who can reject the millions worth contract just because the owner came to the meeting 2 mins late so one can assume what they are all going through and how much pressure was put on Arnav's shoulder.

It's already 1pm but no one is thinking about lunch. All they can think of is the meeting. The meeting is scheduled at 5pm as per the client timings.

Arnav's phone rang while Arnav and Ajay were discussing something. He thought it was Naina who was calling him but turned out to be Pooja.

"Why is Pooja calling me at this hour?" Arnav mumbled and Ajay shrugged.

He picked up the call and said "Hello."

"Hello, Arnav, I know you love our Naina but that doesn't mean she can't have lunch with us at least," Pooja said playfully.

"I didn't say that, Pooja. You can have your friend... just call her," he replied, unaware of the fact that Pooja already called Naina.

"I called her and we planned to have lunch but suddenly her phone is not reachable," she stated.

"What?" Arnav asked, confusedly.

"Isn't she with you? I thought she ditched me to have lunch with you," Pooja commented.

"No, Pooja, she is not with me. In fact, I didn't talk to her after coming to the office. I have an important meeting so I told her I will be late and she told me she was going to the orphanage," Arnav informed her.

"Oh... I think she must be on the way to meet me," Pooja remarked.

"Ok, let me know about her arrival," he said and she hummed before disconnecting the call.