Chapter- 78 The wedding

Authors POV

As you all know, India is a diverse country with so many cultures and each has its beauty.

Since I am a Telugu girl, I am writing about a Telugu wedding which I attended so many times since childhood.

***

This is how Telugu bride and groom, looks like

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

(Image source: Google)

Finally, the day came... It's Arnav and Naina's wedding.

They arranged a grand wedding, everyone was invited, from the business partners to the people who they barely knew. Friends, family, business partners, everyone came.

Everyone is smiling happily.

The mandapam is decorated grandly with fresh flowers, banana leaves and coconut leaves.

Arnav sat on the mandap wearing a beautiful sherwani, which is a combination of gold and maroon colour. The smile on his face is so pure and precious.

He sat in front of the holy fire (holy fire is optional in Telugu weddings) while the priest was chanting the mantras. When it's time for the bride's entry, the priest asked them to bring the bride to the mandap.

Her maternal uncles carried her to the mandap in pelli butta
(pelli butta is basically a basket made of bamboo. Bride sits on the basket and her maternal uncles carry her to the mandap in it and it is also optional, like some people do it but some not).

 Bride sits on the basket and her maternal uncles carry her to the mandap in it and it is also optional, like some people do it but some not)

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

(Image source: Google)

Pooja and Payal helped her to stand up and walk to the mandap. The Entire crowd gasped looking at her and they started whispering how beautiful she was.

She is walking to the mandap while holding a coconut in her hands, which has their names written on it.

Reason for holding a coconut: It denotes that the bride is bringing in the blessings of the Lord along with her when she is walking towards her new phase of life.