Chapter- 4 A rich liar...

Arnav's POV

We became friends just in few minutes. She is so sweet and bubbly. Although she doesn't have much experience with this, she is quite skillful.

It's almost 6 in the evening. Yeah, we are working from afternoon and I really have no idea why I am even here when I have meetings more important than decorating a random function hall, but here I am helping her.

All my thoughts broke when I heard a phone ringing sound, but it's not my phone, it's hers.

"Arnav, can you pick the call and put it on speaker", she asked as she is decorating standing on the ladder and I am helping her with the things.

"Ok, " I said and took her phone, which was on the floor beside her bag. It's her mom who is calling.

"Hey mom", she said with a smile immediately.

"Hello, honey. What are you doing?" her mom replied.

"Nothing much, mom. I am helping Pooja in decorating a reception hall", she said to her mom.

"You only help others... you don't marry", another voice came from opposite and I don't think it's her mom's.

"Aunt, I am just 21. And I will marry with a right person at the right time," she replied, not so interested.

"Naina, I arranged a blind date for you. He is rich and handsome, also he is a good guy. Go and take a look," her aunt said.
What the fuck, she is just 21 and her aunt asking for marriage.

"Aunt, is my mom there? Can you give phone to her?", she asked, acting sweet but her expression saying another thing.

"Yeah", her aunt replied and after a minute we heard her mom's voice again.

"Mom, is speaker turned on", she asked slowly.

"Hmm, no", her mom replied.

"Mom, why you gave phone to her that too without informing me?", she hissed.

"She just seized it", her mom replied slowly.

"Mom, tell her to don't arrange any blind dates for me. I only marry the man who can give me butterflies in my stomach and those guys whom your dear friend arranged are not giving them instead they are freaking me out so, tell her to don't do such things and you already know I don't like rich people, I want a person with normal background who work 9-5 job and lives normally", Naina said to her mom in a single breath and then talked for some time, before disconnecting the call but what caught my attention is that she doesnt like rich people but why?

"Why don't you like rich people? I mean, if you marry a rich guy then you can live happily, right?", I asked to know why she doesn't like rich people.

"No fucking way, their family issues are more complicated than the math's problems so, it's better to not to involve in them and get hurt", she replied.

What she said is absolutely true, at least in my family.

"You also don't involve in them, ok?", she blurted.

Now, if I say I am Arnav Singhania, CEO of S group, she will surely won't talk to me so, it's better not to disclose this thing. Actually, not many people know me as I don't appear in front of the camera so, she won't recognize me for sure.

"Ok", I replied slowly.

Another half an hour completed and our decoration also almost completed.

She looked at the wall after completing to see if anything was missing.

"It would be better if we put this thing there", she mumbled and went to put the flower on the wall, but due to her short height, her hands were not reaching the spot she aimed for.
She is cute, mumbling to herself, struggling to reach the spot.

After struggling for a good five minutes, she looked at me. I smiled proudly and reached her, then took the item from her hand, and tried to put it there, but my hands also did not reach there.

I looked at her awkwardly and she laughed.
"Do one thing, pick me up and I will put it there", she suggested, after thinking and I nodded. We have a ladder but was taken by the cleaning team to clean the walls on the other side.

She took the item from my hand and raised her hands, giving access to me to pick her up.

I picked her up by her waist. Goosebumps erupted on my whole body when my hands touched her bare skin, which peaked out as she raised her hands. I felt something in my stomach which I can't name and I never felt before.

"You can put me down, Arnav", she wiggled, bringing me back to reality.

I put her down, smiling awkwardly.

"Now, it's nice", she mumbled, putting her elbow on my shoulder.

I can't really mingle with people that easily, but she is completely opposite to me and the thing is, she is making me nervous.

Why in the hell I am feeling nervous around her and still want to get close to her?

"Let's eat something and go home. Tomorrow will do remaining things", she said, and I nodded. So, I have to come tomorrow too.

She straightened her clothes and took her bag from the floor and we walked out.

"Arnav, I forgot to ask, but why are you wearing formals", she asked, suddenly inspecting my clothes.

"I-.. that", I stuttered. Seriously Arnav, are you stuttering? I slapped myself mentally.

"Have you come after attending an interview or what?", she asked again.

"Yes", I replied immediately. Uff, I escaped for now but I lied again.

"Ok. Have you selected then", she asked again.

"They said they will call me", I answered, telling her another lie.

"Ok. Don't worry, Arnav, you will get selected", she said sweetly and her voice, it's amazing.

We are walking on the road to go bus stop as I can't get my car now because of the lie I told her. She is talking nonstop and I am listening to her. She is really a chatter box.

"Naina", we heard someone calling her and turned around to see the person.

It's someone I don't know. Maybe her friend.

"Naina, don't you talk to me?", she asked.

"I already said no, don't disturb me", Naina hissed and turned around to leave.

"Naina, please, I am sorry", that girl said with tears, but she didn't respond to her and started walking from there holding my hand to drag me from there as I am standing there without making any move.

"Who is she? Why are you not talking with her?", I asked poking into her personal life. I never asked someone about their personal affairs but I don't know what happened to me today.

"She used to be my friend, but not now. If she wants money, she would have asked me but she lied to me, which I hate the most. I really hate people who lie for their benefits", she replied seriously, making me nervous.

She doesn't like rich people and the people who lie, and Arnav, you are both a rich liar. She will kill you if she finds the truth, my subconscious warned me.

I need to be careful. If she knows the truth, she will hate me for sure. I don't let her know the truth, at least not now.

I get home after having noodles as a dinner in a nearby shop which I have never visited till now and don't ask me why I am doing all this because I don't know either.

***
Hey folks🥰

Hope you liked the update 😇

Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts and suggestions ❤

Bye guys.. Take care

💜💜