Under Suspicion

With (y/n) now fully awake, the team determined that the time had come to interrogate Hassan. They had carried out a brief mission while (y/n) was still asleep, uncovering the unsettling revelation that Hassan possessed American missiles. Price took charge, leading Hassan to a designated room where the rest of the team awaited. Positioned at the back beside Ghost, (y/n) chose to observe rather than actively participate.

"On your knees," Soap growled, delivering a forceful kick to Hassan's foot, causing him to drop. Meanwhile, Graves busied himself with setting up a video call with Shepherd and Laswell. (Y/n) had deliberately kept her distance from Shepherd since the day she eliminated all the shadows, hoping to remain out of his line of sight and avoid any potential mention of her name that could jeopardize the interrogation.

"Do you all have a clear picture?" Graves peered into the laptop screen.

"Crystal," Shepherd replied.

"All set," Laswell nodded.

Hassan scanned the room, observing each person until his gaze landed on (y/n) in the corner.

"If anyone should be leading this interrogation, it should be her," Hassan gestured towards (y/n), "she outranks everyone in the room except for him." He then directed his head towards the laptop, referring to Shepherd. Everyone turned their attention towards (y/n) at the mention of her rank. She rolled her eyes and stepped forward, ready to commence the interrogation.

"Hassan," she nodded, acknowledging the man kneeling before her.

"Lieutenant Colonel Keller. I commend your skill in operating from the shadows, but eventually, everything must come to light. Do you speak Arabic?" Hassan's gaze met (y/n) as she stepped forward, towering over him.

"You know I do," (y/n) responded assertively.

"Do they speak Arabic?" Hassan glared back at (y/n).

"No," Graves interjected, his arm snaking around (y/n)'s waist. She swiftly removed his hand and pushed Graves away.

"Farsi?" Hassan inquired.

"No," Graves shook his head.

"Of course not. Then I'll speak your bastardized medieval English because you are all uneducated street dogs, except for Miss Specter."

"Well, it seems we're off to a bad start here, Hassan," Graves shook his head, feigning disappointment.

"You're addressing a Quds Force Officer," Hassan spat back.

"And you're the commander of a foreign terrorist organization," (y/n) retorted, shaking her head as she walked around Hassan.

"I could say the same about you."

"What's your target, 'Major'?" Graves crossed his arms, positioning himself directly before Hassan while (y/n) stood behind him.

"What was your target when they sent missiles to my land?" Hassan seethed.

Graves shrugged and shook his head. "Oh well, wild guess," he pretended to ponder. "To nail your ass."

"So insolent and foul-mouthed. You will learn to respect me when your nation sees fire," Hassan glared at Graves, displaying his lack of intimidation.

"You're in bed with the cartel, Hassan. If you vanished, nobody would know where to look for the fuckin stain," (y/n) leaned in and whispered in Hassan's ear. She then stepped back, returning to the corner of the room.

The interrogation continued, with Shepherd questioning Hassan about the destination of the missiles.

"Don't you find it strange that Shepherd isn't concerned about where the missiles originated?" (y/n) leaned over and whispered to Ghost. Ghost responded with a shrug.

"I don't like it. He's up to something," (y/n) glared, her suspicions growing. She tuned out the rest of the conversation, standing in silence. She knew Shepherd was plotting something, and she refused to repeat the same mistake of trusting Shepherd.