Breaking Point

(Y/n) settled into the back seat of the car alongside Soap, Rudy, and Alejandro. The adrenaline from the mission was still coursing through her veins.

"So you and Ghost, huh?" Soap playfully elbowed (y/n). (y/n) shot him a playful glare before smiling and putting a finger to her lips, signaling for him to keep quiet.

"I knew it!" Rudy exclaimed, playfully pointing at Alejandro.

(Y/n) widened her eyes, shaking her head vigorously. "Oh, come on, guys. It's not like that!" Her protest only seemed to fuel their laughter.

The rest of the team joined in, chuckling at the playful exchange. (Y/n) couldn't help but feel a mix of embarrassment and amusement. She put her face in her hands, unable to contain her smile. They were like a family, able to find moments of lightness even amid their intense missions.

(Y/n) felt like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders now that she and Ghost had reconciled. It was as if a storm inside her heart had finally settled, leaving behind a calm clarity she hadn't felt in a long time. The guilt and pain that had haunted her were replaced with a sense of hope and warmth.

Alejandro raised an eyebrow in mock innocence. "What? I'm just good at reading people."

Soap chimed in with a smirk. "You might want to add 'matchmaker' to your resume, Alejandro."

"I never realized how pretty Las Almas is at night," Soap remarked.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Rudy agreed.

"Back when I was still head of the Shadows before Valeria was El sin Nombre, I used to take a prop plane and fly around at night. The city is truly beautiful. Unfortunately, people don't always see the beauty past the violence," (y/n) mused, gazing out of the window.

Suddenly the truck stopped, and Alejandro cursed in Spanish.

"What's going on?" Soap asked, quickly sliding out of the vehicle.

"Nothing to worry about, Sergeant," Graves assured, holding up his hand to stop Soap from coming any further. He then proceeded to handcuff Caleb and gently pushed him to the ground. Price and Soap stepped forward, ready to intervene, but (y/n) raised her hand, signaling them to hold back.

"What's going on, Commander?" (Y/n) stepped up, her arms crossed. She shot a glance at Caleb, making eye contact with him to ensure he was all right. He gave a subtle nod, and (y/n) shifted her focus back to her ex.

"Looks like we had a snake in our ranks, Lieutenant Colonel," Graves stated, motioning towards Caleb. (Y/n) stepped up to Graves once more, close enough to feel his breath on her face. She knew she was several inches shorter than him, but she wasn't about to let that deter her.

"You're a disgrace, Phillip," (Y/n) spat.

"The only disgrace around here is you. You killed your own men," Graves laughed, stepping back and turning to walk away.

"You signed their death certificates the moment you signed that contract with Shepherd. That's not what we made the Shadows for!" (Y/n) threw her hands up in frustration. The statement struck a chord within him, and he turned around, pushing (y/n). She stumbled back and fell.

The men did not take kindly to the act and stepped in between (y/n) and Phillip, forming a protective barrier. Ghost and Soap, in particular, looked ready to pounce if Phillip made another move.

"That's enough," Ghost intervened, his presence commanding.

"Step back," Soap ordered, as he helped Caleb up and swiftly cut off the zip ties around his wrists.

Graves spat into the ground, venom in his words. "I love where your loyalties lie. She should've killed you with the rest of them."

"Where are my men?" Alejandro looked around, finally realizing that the base was unusually quiet.

"Oh, about that," Phillip feigned contemplation "they've been detained."

"What pendejo?" Alejandro rushed up to Graves, "This is my base!"

"Command center," Graves corrected, "and a very nice one at that. So, I'll be taking it for the time being."

"What do you mean?" (y/n) eyed the man.

"Taking control. Your duty ends here. Shadow Company will handle it from now on."

"What? By whose authority?" Price pressed, confronting Phillip.

"General Shepherd believes you won't accept this easily. You're no longer required, and you'll be held alongside the cowboys until Shepherd decides what's next," Graves stated nonchalantly.

"Damn it!" Alejandro charged at Graves. In an instant, chaos erupted. Gunshots echoed through the air.

"(Y/n)! Soap! Get out of here!" Ghost urgently signaled for the two to leave.

"No! You go! I can hold them off!" (Y/n) yelled, keeping up her suppressive fire on the shadows.

"I'm hit!" Soap's voice rang out. Caleb swiftly grabbed Soap and the pair slid over a barrier and into the darkness.

(Y/n) lost sight of Ghost. His gun lay nearby. She picked it up and checked how many bullets were left.

"It's a big shame, (y/n). We could've been running this company together!" Graves called out. (Y/n) could hear his footsteps approaching. She quickly maneuvered around the car and slipped into the darkness.

Graves reached the spot around the car and pointed his gun, only to find it empty.

"Fuck!" Graves cursed, striking the side of the car in frustration. "Go find them! I don't care what condition they are in!"