Promise of Forgiveness

Ghost didn't know where (y/n) was, but he wasn't going to stop until he found her. The guilt that he felt for his actions would haunt him for the rest of his life if he wouldn't be able to make it right with (y/n).

Price had advice him to go check the infirmary because thats where they had last seen her headed, but when Ghost got there, he found out she had left shortly before his arrival. There wren't too many places that (Y/n) couldn't be on the base. Ghost made a disgruntled sigh as he ran through a mental checklist of places that she couldn't be. Then it dawned on him.

Ghost took off, almost leaving a trail of dust behind him. Ghost ran to the airfield, as fast as his feet could take him. The only thoughts that were in his mind were reconciling with (y/n). He didn't care about the interrogation with Valeria that was happening at the moment. He didn't care about finding Hassan and the missiles. He just wanted her, and he was going to stop at nothing to get her.

And then her saw her from the distance. She was helping a vaqueros with plane maintenance. He noticed that she wasn't wearing a mask again. She was wearing a plain black t-shirt and green cargo pants. Her hair was pulled back into a simple pony tail. Her arms were littered in various tattoos, which Ghost had never seen before. He watched as (y/n) talked to the other mechanic, walking around the plane as if she wasn't just struggling to walk on her own a few hours ago. (Y/n) and the mechanic bid farewell to each other and Ghost watched (y/n)'s behavior change.

(y/n) began limping over to a chair and practically collapsed as she sat down. It pained him to see her like this, he could tell that she was exhausted and she needed rest. He took this opportunity to finally approach her from the shadows.

"Do you have a moment?" Ghost cleared his throat, suddenly finding himself nervous. He felt his face growing hot within his mask, awaiting her answer. (y/n) yelped, scrambling out of the chair to stand up and then grimacing in pain, before letting of a growl that turned into a coughing fit.

"If you've come to chastise me, please save it." (y/n) held her hand up, excusing herself as she continued to cough.

"I've come to apologize." Ghost said, his voice barely above a whisper. (y/n) up at him in curiosity before waiving her hand, motioning for him to follow her.

(Y/n) led them up a hill to a secluded part of the base. There was a bench that was facing the base, that also over looked into the city. (y/n) sat down on the bench, and the glow from the sunset highlighter her features in the softest of ways. (y/n) patted the empty space next to her and Ghost obliged.

"Go on." (Y/n) waived her hand.

"Well, I think I have a few things to apologize for. First, I wanted to apologize for misjuding you and going behind your back. I should've just asked you about your file and service history."

"My file?" (Y/n) asked. Caleb had sent several texts to (y/n) while she was in the infirmary about how Ghost had managed to get his hands on her file, but it turns out that it wasn't really her file but a fake file created by Phillip to try to get her kicked off the team.

"Yeah. I heard rumors and I let them get the best of me. Turns out none of the rumors were true either." Ghost rubbed the top of his head and looked down in shame.

"I see." (y/n) stifled a yawn.

"I also saw... The videos." Ghost admitted.

"Price showed you?" (y/n) piped up. Ghost nodded in response.

"I blamed you for Gary's death for all these years, but I should've been blaming Shepherd. And I shouldn't have pushed you away." Ghost sighed.

The two basked in the awkward silence. Ghost wanted to continue to apologize, but the words were stuck in his throat.

"Push me away?" (y/n) broke the silence, her curiosity getting the best of her. Her heart yearned to know the truth behind the masked man's feelings.

"Before you left, when I said those things. It was to push you away. I was scared of my own feelings. But these past few weeks without you have been unbearable," Ghost took off his mask in once swift movement, squeezing it in his hands, "I don't know how to say it. I'm not good at this stuff."

"Yeah, I've missed you too." (y/n) confessed. Saying those words out loud felt like a weight was being lifted off of (y/n).

"Please forgive me," Simon stood up off the bench and knelt down in front of (y/n), "I know i was able to survive in before I met you, but I can't live in a world without you. Please (y/n), give me another chance." Simon pleaded with (y/n).

(y/n) looked upon the man before her, watching the tears stream down his face. This man that was known to the world as Ghost, a ruthless and cold-blooded killer, had broken down every one of his walls for her, and now she was going to do the same.

(y/n) cupped Simon's face with her hands, wiping away his tears with a gentle touch, and guiding him to stand up. He followed her motions, standing up and grabbing her hands. (Y/n) watched him break down, unable to stop his tears.

"Simon." (y/n) breathed, wiping away his tears again before closing the distance between them and placing a kiss on his lips.