33.

"The Dark Lord himself..."

Ivory felt her body drifting from reality. The Darkest Wizard that has ever lived wanted to meet her? But why? She was a simple thirteen-year-old witch who attended Hogwarts.

Why was it so important that he needed to see her?

The girl's thoughts ran wild. So wild her face was stuck in one position.

Shock.

Severus eyed his daughter, fully concerned.

He shouldn't have told her. He could simply make up something that could stop her from meeting the Dark Lord.

Then again, lies would only make matters worse.

"Ivory..?" questioned the anxious father as he shook her shoulder lightly.

She didn't respond.

"Darling?" Severus tried again. This time he cupped her face into the palm of his hands. Her head was tilted up while she eyed her father.

He could tell she was afraid.

"W-What does he want with me?"

Severus once again sighed, kneeling to his daughter's level.

Thankfully, no one was around to see the affectionate Potions Master.

"My sweet. He wishes to meet you. There's nothing more to it. You have nothing to fear.. Alright?"

He pulled one hand away, using the other to caress her cheek lovingly.

"Yes, Dad." She shook her head, engulfing herself in her father with a tight hug.

"I love you.." She whispered loud enough for him to hear.

"And I love you more.. more than you may think.." He pulled away, giving her a modest smile.

One thing Ivory was grateful for.

She was able to encounter the sweet side of Severus Snape.

"Your mother and I will explain everything you need to know over the next couple of days." He amplified, standing up, adjusting himself.

She shook her head in agreement.

She needed to tell someone about this.

"Okay. Anything else?"

"Yes, actually." He turned to her once again in all seriousness.

"You must not tell anyone anything that was discussed today or even in the next few days. Am I understood, Ivory?"

His voice was harsh, which meant it was important.

She shook her head in agreement.

"I promise.. I'll keep it to myself.."

"Good. Now come, I'm pretty sure Catalina is talking your mother's ear off." Severus veered, now heading back towards the school grounds.

Ivory snicked, following after her father.

"Possibly.."

The walk back to Hogwarts was peaceful. Of course, Ivory questioned the hell out of Severus, who only answered half of her questions.

She didn't need to know everything.

But he provided enough information for her to stop questioning him.

Upon their arrival, they encountered plenty of students who wandered the halls.

Come to think of it; Ivory was never seen around the school with Her father.