4

New Years Eve 2006

I stood on the grass, watching the stars as I heard music blaring from everywhere.

"You waiting for the fireworks too?"

I knew it was her as she had sat with me in class over the last few days asking me to explain more things and asked me to lunch each day as well.

I still didn't have any answer as to why she chose me out of thousands of people to associate with but I found it nice having something to look forward to each day.

"Yeah" I whispered, not being able to get out more.

I couldn't deny the nagging feeling that she must have felt sorry for the big guy who sat alone in a library all day.

"5." I heard her whisper and briefly glanced at her to see her staring up at the sky with the same smile I saw everyday.

Ritika's smile which met mine each time I walk through the lecture hallway.

Her eyes twinkling as she focused up at the night sky as if the fireworks were some magical thing about to happen.

"4.3..2..1. " She ended with her voice fading as well and my eyes focused up too.

Seeing all the different explosions erupting as all the colours filled the sky.

It was magical..

I felt a soft kiss on my cheek, but I didn't look at her even though it was dark. It surprised me and I wasn't sure how my face would have looked at that moment. I could feel that my face was on fire due it though.
I felt her grip my shoulder as she leaned up and whispered in my ear, "Happy New Year Ro"

Jaddu POV

I admit my first attempt last week did not go so well but hey, I was not the one to give up.

Needless to say I hadn't bothered telling our friends that there even was a first
attempt. They would just piss all over it, so until I could get Rohit to at least agree, it is the Rajput warrior fighting the war baby!

I shook away my thoughts as I slipped on my leather jacket.

I noticed Rohit looking at the mirror absentmindedly, and I knew it was that time of the day.

The time where she stole his life as his mind was controlled by the memories of that bitch.

"Yo! Ro! Snap out of it!"

He glanced up and sighed, probably sensing that I was going to bring it up again.

He should have been happy that I at least waited two weeks before doing so. Maybe I was a bit insensitive when, after what Ajju told me, he had a great love and lost it.

But eight years?

She wasn't coming back and he needed to move on. So even if l was the biggest pest or sounded like the biggest asshole. I would stick it out to get my brothaman a future
he deserved.

"You need to stop dreaming all day man" I said as I swung my backpack over my shoulder.

He just seemed to ignore me as he finished packing his kits, not paying attention to me. I handed his bats to him and he glanced at it with a small smile before packing it as
well.

I got that he was probably tired, I mean he had been having a hectic schedule due to him being the Captain of the Indian Cricket Team but I was mostly there with him and he never complained. I was sure that he liked the fact that he was even more busy than before. Because even one moment he had to himself was when she was there.