8

"Look what I got!"I heard her voice as she burst through my door and gave a friendly smile to my roommate before giving me her full attention yet again.

"I'm out" he smiled, despite her out there personality with me, she never seemed to really be as social with anyone but me.

"Cheerleader?" I smirked as she had disappeared into the bathroom for a couple minutes before coming out again.

l guess it was good she hadn't walked over here wearing it from where her dorm rooms were located. The last thing I needed was even more guys drooling over her.

"Your cheerleader only" She did a pose with a huge pout and I smiled without even trying as I turned in my rotating chair and my eyes trailed up and down her body.

We had been together for a month now and she never ceased to amaze me. It was the day of the finals of a Cricket tournament we had running for the past couple weeks. She had attended every game, and while I had become just another player since I withdrew myself, with her cheering me on I was more.

I made sure I got a boundary or six every over so that I could see her smiling as she sat in the stands. Maybe l had selective hearing but her voice always seemed to be the loudest as it filled my ear. Ajju and Rads came out now and again to support but mostly there had been no one in support of me. It was due to my own actions of discarding all people in my life I guess. But I didn't mind because Ritika's beautiful voice was all I needed to hear.

"Ritsy boo" I smirked and she rolled her eyes.

"You know I hate that" She frowned as she set her bag down next to my desk.

"Why? My sweet tongue used to get me the ladies" I raised my eyebrow and it truly had back in my first year of college. I guess the confidence behind it helped and my athletic body..

"We are the same age and you sound like an old man, Ro." She shook her head as she tied her hair up.

"Old man, what you playing?"" I narrowed my eyes while hers simply filled with amusement due to my reaction.

She giggled, the familiar sound that always brought me happiness, and settled onto my lap.

"I'm glad its used to" she whispered as she stared at me trailing her fingers through my hair and I was about to close my eyes as her fingers brought a relaxed feeling but then realized what she had said

"Why wouldn't it be?" I frowned which led to her fingers leaving me as she leaned back a bit.

"Well I'm not sure how things work. I mean I asked you out a month ago, we kiss and all that.

Urgh I'm in this outfit to make you smile, I attend your games but."

She ran her hands over her face in an attempt to stop her usual rambling while I hadn't as I had no idea what it was about.