24

I heard the shower going as I sat on the edge of the bed staring at the diamond ring held in a case that I pulled out from being buried within the closet where I was sure Ritika wouldn't go snooping.

Not that she would have ever suspected I would be hiding something like this, yes it bruised my pride a bit having her pay for a few things here and there, well more than that.

I'd make the excuse that I had practice and say my old roommate dropped me which had been true at first but for the past few months or so I had been helping out with various gigs to earn some money. And I finally earned enough to get her the ring that looked like it's meant for her.

She was currently getting done for our anniversary dinner where about half hour ago she had been crying when I walked in. It was the second time I had found her with a recorder and while I was keen on hearing what was on it I would wait until she felt right to give it to me.

Sure I could go snooping in the drawer right now but it wouldn't be the same with her staring at me with excitement filling my favourite pair of brown eyes as she gave it to me herself.

I heard the door opening and saw her as she let her hair down.

"Sometimes I wish I was a guy, you take such little time to look so dashing" She smiled.

"And you look so beautiful right now:" I whispered and felt her arms around me.

"It doesn't feel like a year does it?" She whispered while I hoped she couldn't feel my heart beat picking up with the ring box held tightly in my fist due to her surprising me by coming out so soon.

"Not at all, feels like forever though. But a good forever. Where I have no idea when you entered but just know that you've always been in my life and this feeling that I have I like to believe it will be there forever" I replied holding her close.

She giggled squeezing me tightly before turning away as she went to the closet to finish getting ready while I placed the box in my suit jacket.

"You look amazing." I whispered as I watched her finish off her hair, focusing intently as her fingers worked through it, making me smile.

She smiled shyly as she stood up and ran her hands over her skirt. "I hope so and I hope you don't mind us walking exceptionally slow because this skirt is too tight for me to start brisk walking."

"Then why wear it?" I raised my eyebrow with a small smirk knowing I should not have questioned it.

"I pretend you didn't just ask me why I went all out for our anniversary dinner, Ro."

I smirked and removed my hand from behind my back revealing a dozen red roses I had gone to get from the kitchen counter, "If I could I would have bought over 30 dozen because each day with you has been filled with so much blossoming"

She giggled before snuggling up to my chest, "Well I guess we'll be going with a rose for each month together. I'm sure all the roses you got me over this year have equaled to a single one for each day."

***

I watched as Ritika spoke to our waitress who questioned her on her outfit, where she had gotten it. I wasn't sure when she had gone for it because it was definitely new but I wouldn't question it.

"Are we heading to the beach after this?" She questioned before sipping on her wine as we had finished dinner.

"Well it is tradition I suppose for Rohika but figured we could skip tonight and maybe take a long drive instead" I shrugged causing her to nod.