14

"But its pizza night, Ro" She frowned as she walked into the kitchen to find me blending vegetables together.

"I mean I did order pizza. I'm just going to make me something else." I shrugged, not feeling much like facing her as I poured the green smoothie in a glass. She had just woken up from a nap and my mind had drifted and I wished it hadn't but I was definitely not in a good mood.

"But its." She began and I cut her off before she could continue to argue.

"I'm fucking trying here, Ritika. Do you think I don't see the looks we get when we go out? All those guys looking at you thinking why him, she could probably get anyone. Why the fuck him?" I shrugged setting the glass down as I saw the surprise edged on her face in the corner of my eye.

I had walked into the locker room after practice hearing the very things that I was afraid of. They had spotted her and wanted her but she was with the weird idiot on the team instead...

"Ro, we spoke about this. I don't."

"We didn't speak about anything. you gave me a poor explanation because I 'knew how to help you'. How the fuck does that make me a good fit for you Ritika?"

She was always secretive about things and apart of me still believed I was living in some world where Ritika wasn't actually mine.

"Because I love you and I only want you" She said the words she always said when it seemed she could read my thoughts as I never straight out said how I felt about them making her in and joking around in the distance as she cuddled up to me.

"But why did you choose me when Sanjay was put in front of you before you even knew me, why did you walk away and choose me instead?"

I questioned, finally voicing it after being with her for five months and pushing my doubts back as best I could when that had been all I was before Ritika.

The man who was so easily brought down by every little detail he saw as disappointment in his life. Or every mistake made he dwelled upon but didn't know how to fix it..

"You're making it sound as if I settled for you.

When he is nothing compared to you, Ro. I chose you because."

She stopped herself and while I let her have her secrets, let her stop herself when her mood shifted and she couldn't explain why. This was us so I saw no reason in her needing to be hesitant when an explanation was what l needed..

"Because why RITIKA?" I moved over to her as she turned away from me.

"Because you saved me!" She screamed back for the first time since she walked down.

"What?" I frowned, the confusion causing my sudden anger to get lost in it.

"The night, the night... Last Halloween, you saved me." Her voice faded as she wearily looked at me.

"Ritsy, I don't understand." I confessed not sure where the anger went or why it was there for her when I was mad at every guy who pointed out what I already knew.

I didn't deserve Ritika...

"There was some Halloween theme at a hotel. Some guys got out of hand and you saved me. I never got to thank you, you were dragged out by the police and I was just passing by in a town that I didn't even know much about, looking to have fun I..."

"That was you" I frowned as that night had been mostly a blur. All I wanted to do was make seeing my parents bearable with a few drinks but it soon turned into more when I decided I would ditch seeing them again. Of course I was met with my Uncle having to bail me out...