7

March 2007

"Ro... Ro... Ro..." I smirked as she continued to whisper while I tried focusing on the lecturer in front of the class.

Of course it was hard since Ritika happened to be a distraction without any effort and since she was trying to get my attention. I was fighting a losing battle...

It was what she would do ever since our date.

She'd end up trying to distract me in class once it grew near to the end of the period and then ask me during lunch what homework we had. It of course resulted in us finishing it then.

She rested her head on my shoulder and placed her hand on mine. I guess I had grown with not being surprised at her touch anymore.

It didn't stop the fire in my cheeks but I doubted that would fade as Ritika's presence in my life would never cause it too.

"That's it for today class!" He called out before vacating it as everyone rushed out. I didn't bother rushing as I didn't have anywhere else to be considering the person I spent lunch with was seated beside me.

I felt her head leave my shoulder before feeling her fingers trace over my stubble and I closed my eyes for a bit before closing my book and gazing at Ritika.

"You smell good today Ro, extra good" She smiled as l turned to her.

"I hope so, wouldn't want you driven away from me."

She giggled and stood up before sitting back onto the desk.

I felt her eyes on me and smirked as I heard her giggling again. Its what she tended to do when I didn't respond to her, it was her way of letting me know it was okay. That she still enjoyed my company even though I was most likely a drag for someone filled with so much joy. I zipped up my bag filled with my things as well as hers knowing I would have to give them back as we went our separate ways after lunch.

I turned to her as she hopped off and felt her fingers clasp mine. Something I wouldn't get used to but she seemed so comfortable doing it that it led whatever tense feeling I had the first few times to disappear.

As we moved down the steps due to us sitting in the middle of the lecture hall, she stopped causing me to as well. I raised my eyebrow and she glanced out the window before letting her eyes fall on me again.

"Because like I said Ro I like you." She mumbled as if it meant so many things. And somehow I understood that it meant she wasn't going anywhere.

I smiled as l always did when Ritika would gaze up at me,seeming shy when we both knew who really was. My smile caused her to as well and I leaned down and kissed her, feeling Ritika's lips on mine, It didn't last long but it was enough and she stood on her toes and pulled me closer as I bent down slightly to hug her.

"I like you too." I whispered into her hair savouring the feel of her being wrapped up in my arms, knowing she wasn't going anywhere.

****