28

"Boys don't like me, mom

"Boys don't like me, mom. They say I'm too much." I giggled slightly which caused her to as well as we sat in the beautiful garden of The Ambanis.

"Too much?"

"Yeah. I don't fit in, I'm either too quiet or too much so I just settled for average. "I mumbled trying not to sound out that I hated going to a elite private school because it wasn't me and they could sense that.

"Ridhi is doing well." She pointed out which I was used to and that happened to be one of the reasons I didn't fit well. People saw Ridhi and believed I was the same, she belonged to every club there was and was quite popular. Ridhi and I were the same in certain aspects being sisters and all. I tended to be more out there though, I only tended to be that way once I knew someone well and everyone there remained a stranger even after a year and I decided I liked it that way. And they preferred it too...

"Because Ridhi believes the fairytale, mom. She believes she's one of them and I understand that they're more than kind to us, especially by doing this for us. But we aren't like them mom and I don't want to be like them, I don't want any guy to be interested in me because I know how they would truly feel if they knew I was below them." I admitted honestly, focusing on the blue sky despite my mom's eyes being on me.

"Ritsy, you are never beneath anyone. Ridhi has found her strength and you will too, you need to believe in love in order to obtain it and shunning those poor boys won't do you any good."

I sighed slightly as I didn't really understand what the big deal was but my mom happened to be quite the romantic. She met my father in high school and even though things weren't perfect she believed he was perfect. Maybe one day I would understand how she felt..

"I'm fifteen, I still have time to fall in love, have a boy steal my first kiss and have my heartbroken."

"You're planning your heartbreak?" She chuckled, slightly surprised.

"The way I see it is I'll be stuck in that school for three more years so it will happen eventually and I just know the one for me is not in that place. So yes, a heartbreak before I explore the world and find my soulmate."

"Oh Ritsy." She shook her head with a smile but then pulled me into a hug. " Your soulmate can break your heart as well."She whispered into my hair.

"Mine won't."

***

"Ritika."

"Mom?" I mumbled but frowned as I saw a blurred face that soon appeared to be Nita Aunty's hovering over mine before she slowly sat back in her seat. I briefly shut my eyes due to the bright light and winced as my hand went to my abdomen and head.

"Aunt, what's going on?" I croaked seeing the gown on me.

"Ritika, I'm sorry..." She blurted out while I tried placing everything together staring over at the empty seat on the other side.