6

"For it was not into my ear
you whispered,
but into my heart.
It was not my lips you kissed,
but my soul"

"What colour are my eyes?" She questioned randomly as she brought the menu up to her face causing it to be hidden from my view.

I smiled as I stared at the dark brown surface preventing me from most likely seeing the smile on Ritika's face.

"Is that a trick question?" I laughed but the menu not being lowered let me know she was serious.

I set mine down and decided to just pick something once the waiter returned.

"Brown, dark brown but not too dar.. "I said after she had been silent, neglecting to add how it appeared lighter in the sun or how they seemed bigger whenever excitement filled her. Or how the simple look as she stared at me made her eyes seem like it held so much. She did just ask for the colour though, it led to her slowly lowering it and giving me a small smile before narrowing them at me.

"I wish they were like yours."

"What colour are mine?" I closed my eyes immediately deciding to go along with her.

"Is that a trick question?"

"Yeah?" I couldn't hide the confusion from my voice because I wasn't sure how it was a tri...

"Its black, well jet black" She whispered and I opened my mouth to say something but she continued.

"It could be brown so darkest shade of brown but then you have a sparkle when you smile and I can see myself so clear through your eyes so that makes it look like a shiny black stone" I stared at her while her eyes ran over the menu.

I figured that if the girl I was with saw the ordinary brown it wouldn't have the same effect.

But to Ritika just as her brown eyes seemed extraordinary to me she saw all the details about mine that I didn't even realize.

"You aren't the only one who can steal glances Ro" she shrugged as she briefly glanced up at me knowing I was amused that she had noticed.

"Why do you call me that?" I hesitantly asked, hoping it hadn't sounded harsh.

She didn't seem offended as I did, she set the menu down and focused her eyes on me.

"Isn't it your name?" She smiled almost mischievously.

"Yeah but.."

"Everyone calls you Rohit other than your close ones?"

I nodded.

"I figured, so you'll remember me because I will be in the close friends list"

"Who says I need that to remember you?" I whispered even though I hadn't been sure what the answer would be.

Her responses always threw me off as they seemed to hold double meaning..

"People can forget you, doesn't matter how well they know you or how long you fill their lives with joy or what exact impact you make on their life"

She gazed past me seeming to be thinking as she spoke.

I wanted to question but the waiter arrived with her pasta and mine, I assumed, as well as a platter of sushi.

"Sushi and pasta?" I chuckled.

"Who says we can't?" She frowned enjoying my surprised expression.