27

"I'm fine, dad" I groaned as I pulled up outside the stadium hearing the fans outside blast from it

"I still believe you should have waited a bit more." He sighed with a slight warning tone.

"My break is over." I mumbled.

"You are not well, boy.."

I rolled my eyes before closing them, slowly rubbing my hands over them, "I'm sure you've mistaken people for someone else before, Dad. It was a mistake.."

I sighed deeply recalling the fact that we had been at the beach and I thought I had seen her, ran across the beach only to find out it wasn't her. Why would it be?

"I've told you this before, you are my son and we are men who know what we want. You love that woman and time shouldn't make you a stubborn man, she could have moved on but maybe she hasn't. I saw that emotion in your eyes when you thought it was her and the sadness when you realized it wasn't. You are now a reasonably famous man girls swoon but they don't know you. They know Rohit Sharma the Hitman of Cricket, find where your heart is and stop being the stubborn man. Find her on these social media platforms and you never know."

"DAD!" I snapped needing him to stop. "I have to go."I shut the call off and shut my phone off as well. My return was a surprise, they figured I would be returning for the match but in all honesty while my parents assumed I was called up, I had called Rahul Bhai. I needed an escape, an escape from the home I had gone to instead of my own and since the day I am playing for India that's what it had been. I knew returning meant facing my friends but that didn't mean I had to tell them anything, they'd be walking on egg shells around me even more now.

I made my way to the studio, feeling a number of eyes on me. I was sure whispers around the dressing room had several reasons for my suspension. I honestly could care less about what they thought of me, most of them had stayed away because I wasn't really welcoming.

I walked through the camera flashes which I hadn't experienced over the last month but my eyes fell to the dark haired women staring into her lap.

My heart stopped and my jaw clenched as the night where I wasn't sure what had happened roamed in my mind but I simply shook my head and posed for the headshots.

I heard them behind me and I honestly didn't need them, not tonight. I was so close to Virat when I saw her, "Virat.."

I began just wanting to know if I was seeing things which I was sure I was because..

"Its her..."

Dada introduced while she knew who I was, until he introduced her as Riya Singh. She finally glanced up feeling my gaze on her, while I didn't know the name, while I had gone around accusing so many people of being her. Had my private investigator shoving look alikes in my face every week, even with the now dark hair that seemed to fit her more than the golden hair she dyed it.