19

"I love that sound" She whispered into my arm that was securely wrapped around her, knowing she was cold but unfortunately I hadn't thought to bring a jacket and Ritika always wore something light. If she wanted to be warm she would search my closet for a jersey or a hoodie and not care how large it was compared to her, she would wear it with pride.

"What sound?" I whispered into her hair.

"The waves crashing on the shore remember?"

I couldn't see her face but I knew she was smiling due to the fact that it was something she had told me many times.

I was sure we ended up on the beach at least once a week, sunshine or rain..

It made her smile so I didn't mind ending up with a cold a few days later either, it only meant I could be stuck in bed with her taking care of me because according to her Ritika Sajdeh did not get sick.

And she didn't, not then at least.

It was good though, I'd probably be a mess seeing her like that. Not because of her possibly looking odd because any state of Ritsy was beautiful but feeling helpless even if it were a simple flu causing her to be less of the woman filled with happiness.

"Yeah soothing" I mumbled in return, feeling her fingers trace circles over my knees.

"Ro, what are you thinking?" She attempted to glance back which caused my eyes to leave the blue ocean.

"what do you mean?"

"I know that voice"

I chuckled and I didn't really know what to say as my mind always drifted to her.

She was always there, even with me when I would be thinking of things concerning her and it also made me wonder what ran through her mind. My thoughts were consumed by her because she was the only source of happiness, source of hope while I knew I was the same to her I wished I knew why she needed it.

"Just thinking about how I got so lucky" I finally answered, remembering why we were here.

"Because of me?"

"Yeah" I smiled and she giggled.

It was Diwali holidays and instead of heading home we were on the isolated beach having our own version of the holiday with a picnic.

"Well yeah. To be honest I don't see what else I should be feel lucky for but the day you walked into my life and didn't go anywhere."

She sighed and pulled my arm even tighter around her."

Well you're going to have to find other things because over the next sixty years feeling lucky for that everytime will become mundane."

I felt my heart warm at hearing her unintentionally plan ahead but then again Ritika never said anything without meaning.

"Anything associated with you could never be mundane, so I will continue to feel lucky for your presence, your love, your hope, your smile. For you."