21

"So where is your pretty lady?" I heard the doctor after he had done the check up, clearing me in the process.

"Well she went to get lunch I guess." I gave a small smile as she had disappeared as soon as we were called in. I didn't mind that she wanted to drift on her own for a bit as she had been by my side every single day and while that was always the case with us, with my injury it was even more so.

She wouldn't leave my side and with her free nature I was sure she missed the moments she used to have while I was off at practice as I onsumed every moment of her time.

And it was not always sunshine and rainbows considering the injury added to allowing me to sink into the man I was before her but she helped me through it. And now nearly a month later I felt hopeful again, that's what I loved most about her, she couldn't stop the darkness from taking over me but she helped me through it.

She would cry with me and then find ways to make my day.

"You aren't going to the family for Christmas vacations?" I heard him after a bit or perhaps he had asked me before but I had zoned out. As l always did, my mind drifting to the love of my life...

"We are. Well she is my family but we're driving out tomorrow" I nodded slowly and smiled, I could feel myself slowly changing. I had known Ritsy for about a year now and I still found it hard to be around people but when it came to strangers who didn't seem to judge her for being with me I couldn't help the proud boyfriend that came out.

"Mmm I remember how my wife and I were. We met in college as well, whoever spoke about high school sweethearts never experienced college love."

"And how do you know we're in love" I smirked more because he was right than trying to prove a point.

"Like I said, my wife and I were college sweethearts so I know that look that's in your eye and the look in hers. I've been seeing you for over a month now and it has been a battling month for you, as for any athlete especially. My colleagues and I deal with basketball players, football players as well as professional Cricketers and to some people its just 30 days but to a person dedicated to their sport its different."

"That it is. But I won't say I haven't enjoyed my time off" I smiled.

"Hold onto her, she cares about you greatly. You know after one of your appointments she came back here I think she forgot her bag and she begged me, asked me if there was a way you could get back sooner. She didn't mind the cost, whatever needed to be done and well you can't rush the healing process." He shrugged apologetically.

Costs...

I slowly sighed feeling mixed emotions when I knew she would be covering the bill considering I wasn't planning on telling my parents anything about my injury. That's where my rare visits came in handy. "Yeah you can't and well I'm better now, so I know she'll be happy."

He nodded as he looked over my chart,"So Mr Sharma, hopefully this will be the last I see of you. Just use the crutches a bit for the next week just to ease off a bit. You're playing again in two weeks?"

I nodded.

"Well you'll certainly be ready. We get quite a few cricketers in here and I'm a fan myself, more on the older side of course. He chuckled.

I saw a hand waving between the open blinds and smiled seeing Ritsy.

"Thank you for everything Doc" I shook his hand and left and before I could say anything Ritsy's arms were around me.

"I'm so happy you're happy!" She squealed.

"I have always been happy baby" I chuckled kissing the top of her head before we moved on.