5

January 2007

"So you add this to that one and it just solves it self?" She mumbled as she bit onto her pencil staring at the book.

I smiled a bit as her eyebrows pushed closer caused a bit of a frown to form on her perfect face. The frown disappearing and her eyes focusing on me caused me to glance at the textbook beside me having been caught admiring the view of Ritika..

"Pretty much" I shrugged, something told me she already knew it but it didn't mean I didn't like watching her try to figure it out.

"Kinda like you and me?" I frowned as I heard her, not really wanting to gaze up at her after being caught in the act.

"You solved me. I was hopeless at this and you solved me"

she giggled and l loved the sound. I just wasn't sure how I had caused it to be there when everyone knew I pretty much killed the mood in a room if I wasn't forced to interact with the cricket team.

"I guess" I smiled as I closed the book getting ready to leave. But before I could leave the bed I felt her arms around me, I guess it was how she loved thanking people.

I hugged her back as she wrapped herself around me hoping I would be helping her more in the future just to have her close.

Ritika had so much love to give and you could feel it in the way she hugged you. She was quite petite compared to me but she always seemed to make me feel trapped when her arms flung around my neck and squeezed my shoulder, with her face pressed to the side of my arm.

So even if we were just friends, her hugs were enough to make my whole week.

"I don't know why you are sounding so annoyed, we told you it wouldn't work. You think we haven't tried hooking him up?" Ajju raised his eyebrow seeming more amused than anything when l actually had hope.

I sighed as we sat in the dressing room watching Rohit's batting.

Anyway, since Rohit had met the sponsor I figured I would tell them and see if they had some input even though I was sure they had none. So far they had just been shutting me down as they had several times before...

"I know but she was there, they spoke" I offered as that alone was an achievement. They looked like they were having a good conversation too.

I mean l couldn't see her reaction but Ro didn't seem to give off the fuck off vibe. But then again he wouldn't be an absolute dick if someone came up to him. Especially her,
she was probably all sweet and cute, which I wanted because that's what he should have wanted. From what I heard that's how his great love was, so of course that had
to be his type..

"So what? You expected some magical connection?" I sighed as I turned to my beautiful fiance, her voice filling my hear letting me know she had finished the Pre show just before the match started.

"No babe, l just figured.. Well yeah I did, isn't that what you guys said happened with Miss 'leave a good guy hanging'?"

Ajju chuckled a bit and nodded slowly before responding.

"Yeah but like we said, that was Ro, a very different Ro.

Ritika was different from all the girls Ro had been used to. He was an insecure guy in college. She walked into his life when he needed someone and I guess that's the best time to fall in love''

"Well that's the same shit now don't you think?

He is walking around like a horse who lost its way back to his owner.He needs to meet a woman. Eight fucking years guys, come on" I rolled my eyes, groaning as it was like they didn't care about Ro's need to move on.