26

"Ritika?" I heard myself but I knew I hadn't moved from the doorway as she had now sat up seeming a bit defensive and

"Ritika?" I heard myself but I knew I hadn't moved from the doorway as she had now sat up seeming a bit defensive and.. afraid?

"Who is he?" She whispered focusing on Ridhi who left myside and took a seat beside her on the bed.

"Virat remember? My fiance. I told you about him."

She nodded slowly but didn't bother looking at me while I found myself glancing at a polaroid tossed on the counter before staring between the two.

I knew her, had seen her once or twice and that was where it ended. I knew Ridhi had a sister, knew her name was Riya and simply believed they weren't that close. I had only noticed her once earlier in the year and questioned Ridhi and the answer was "She's my sister Riya, she's not really social! Riya was either in the pool house or in the backyard playing chess or other activities. And when she was there those were the days we never went to lounge outside. I didn't see the need to question it when the only reason I was in this house was for Ridhima.

"Aunty said that I have to work for the Team soon. Tell them I can't, I'm not ready." Her voice sounded panicked as she continued avoiding my eyes while she held onto Ridhi's hand.

"Ridhi, what's going on ?" I snapped which caused 'Ritika' to jump. "Sorry."

"Why is he here? You know no one's supposed to be here. You'll get me in trouble."

".I." Ridhi sighed. "I'll come back later, you know I can't make them change their minds, Riya."

"I thought you said." Her eyes set on me and I shut my mouth.

"But I don't.." She began but was cut off by Ridhi.

"I'll come back and then we can go over things okay?"

She nodded slowly before staring down into the book and ignoring us. I followed Ridhima out, glancing back one more time before focusing on my girlfriend.

"What's going on Ridhi? Is that Ro's Ritsy?"

"I think so" She sighed slowly running her hand through her long hair.

"What do you mean?" I frowned understanding where he could have possibly mistaken them but if it was her and she had been right here. That meant she knew who he was, she knew where he was..

"Its complicated" She mumbled moving past me, leaving the house as I followed.

"Complicated? You bring me here! Tell me her name and..."

"Keep your voice down."She glanced back at the huge ass house she shared with one of the Ambani brothers and his family.

"Ridhima, what the hell is going on?"