Sick on Tour

Man has it been a while, I'm so glad to be writing again, nothing feels better :) I hope you all love this chapter as much as I loved writing it ❤️

"Harry, you're on in 5 minutes, get ready!" Harry heard from outside of his dressing room. He didn't bother responding, just groaned to himself, rubbing a hand over his face.
It's not that he's not looking forward to performing, that's never the problem. It's just that he's had this tickle in his throat all morning that seemed to want to turn into more of a pain a half hour before his five minute warning. Now, Harry knew himself well enough to know that his immune system hasn't always been stellar. Between allergies, hay fever, and having a not very strong immune system in general, it's easy to say Harry is sick quite a bit.

The man sighed and willed his achy muscles to start working properly. He sat up on the couch, sniffling his stuffy nose and went to slip on his Vans, a slight pout on his face from how miserable he felt.

Harry went and looked through his wardrobe one last time before deciding on a striped red and blue shirt, little sequins between each stripe

Harry went and looked through his wardrobe one last time before deciding on a striped red and blue shirt, little sequins between each stripe. He threw the shirt on lazily before tucking it into his trousers, fixing his hair one last time, and looking at himself in the mirror. Now, Harry is typically a little slower than some to catch onto things, but he definitely could tell by his pale complexion that he looked rough. Harry is unfortunately a bit delayed mentally, having been diagnosed with a mental delay at a young age when Anne realized he was not moving at the same pace as other kids in school. In her opinion, it was just more to love; the boy being a complete angel since the day he was born. He of course was a bit more sensitive than people his age, and couldn't perform many skills alone. The boy just recently managed to be potty trained out of pull ups during the day, only needing the added protection at night. Despite these set backs, he is an absolute star on stage, and his friends and family would support his dream for however long he wanted to live it.

This is where Glenne and Jeff come in. Anne was devastated at the thought of her boy being on tour without any help. She had work and the pets to care for and couldn't up and leave and go on tour with him, something that was much easier to accept when Harry was in One Direction since she had asked Louis to look after him during their time in the band, knowing that he had cared for his younger siblings just about his whole life. Jeff and Glenne got on with Harry just as well, Glenne immediately taking Harry under her wing as her little tour son. Jeff was happy to let Glenne take the lead in caring for Harry since he knew it was just her instincts, but he also felt the need to care and protect the boy that he had grown incredibly fond of. Needless to say, caring for Harry was one of their favorite things, and would support him in the ways his mother couldn't all the way in England.

Speaking of the couple, Harry heard a knock on his door just as he had finished washing his hands from using the bathroom.

"Hersh? Almost ready sweetheart?" Glenne called, inviting herself into his dressing room, knowing that privacy between him and the couple was just about nonexistent. Harry just nodded, wiping his hands off on a towel and exiting the bathroom. Glenne couldn't help but frown at his lack of an answer, noticing his cheeks looking a bit flushed, she reached out and put the back of her hand on H's forehead.