Drunken Love

It was a warm summer evening in 1977, and Fleetwood Mac had been invited to a party in the Hollywood Hills. The band had been enjoying a successful tour, and they were in high spirits as they mingled with other musicians and celebrities at the party. Stevie Nicks, in particular, was having a great time. She had always been a social butterfly, and the drinks were flowing freely.

Y/N, Stevie's boyfriend, was by her side throughout the night. He was used to her flirtatious nature, and he played along with her teasing. As the night wore on, Stevie had a little more to drink than she should have, and she started getting more and more playful with Y/N.

After a bit of small talk, Stevie asked Y/N if he had a girlfriend, forgetting for a moment that she was his girlfriend. Y/N, not wanting to ruin the fun, played along and said that he did indeed have a girlfriend. Stevie's smile faded, and she looked at him incredulously.

"What? You have a girlfriend?" she asked, her voice rising in disbelief.

Y/N nodded, still trying to keep the mood light. "Yeah, I do. She's pretty amazing, too."

Stevie's expression turned to one of devastation, and she started to cry. "How could you do this to me?" she sobbed, her words slurring slightly.

Y/N was taken aback. "What are you talking about, Stevie? You're my girlfriend."

But Stevie wasn't listening. She had already turned and run off into the night, tears streaming down her face.

The next morning, Stevie woke up with a pounding headache and a vague sense of embarrassment. She couldn't remember everything that had happened the night before, but she knew that she had made a fool of herself in front of Y/N.

She sought out her bandmate and best friend Christine McVie, hoping for some clarity on what had happened.

"Chris, do you remember anything from last night?" Stevie asked tentatively.

Christine looked at her with concern. "Yeah, I remember quite a bit. You got pretty upset when Y/N said he had a girlfriend."

Stevie's heart sank as the memories flooded back. "Oh god, I can't believe I did that. I feel so embarrassed."

Christine put a comforting arm around her friend. "It's okay, Stevie. We all do things we regret when we've had a few too many drinks. Just apologize to Y/N and move on."

Stevie nodded, grateful for Christine's understanding. She knew that she had some damage control to do, but she was determined to make it right with Y/N and move past this embarrassing incident.

After her conversation with Christine, Stevie knew she had to find Y/N and apologize for her behavior the previous night. She searched the house until she found him in the kitchen, sitting at a small table with a cup of coffee and a pastry to the side.

"Hey," she said softly, approaching him. Y/N looked up and smiled, but she could see a hint of concern in his eyes.

"Hey," he replied. "How are you feeling?"

Stevie shrugged. "Better, I guess," she said. "I wanted to talk to you."

Y/N's expression grew serious. "Okay," he said. "What's on your mind?"

Stevie took a deep breath. "I'm so sorry about last night," she said, her voice barely above a whisper. "I don't know what came over me. I know it doesn't excuse my behavior, but I was drunk and I just forgot for a moment that you were my boyfriend."

Y/N reached out and took her hand. "It's okay, Stevie," he said gently. "I know you didn't mean anything by it. I forgive you."

Stevie's eyes filled with tears of relief. "Thank you," she said. "I feel so stupid."

"You're not stupid," Y/N replied, squeezing her hand. "We all do things we regret when we're drunk. It's just part of life."

Stevie nodded, feeling grateful for Y/N's understanding. "I just don't want you to think less of me," she said.

Y/N shook his head. "Of course not," he said. "I love you, Stevie. That's all that matters."

Stevie smiled through her tears. "I love you too," she said, leaning in to give him a kiss. "Thank you for being so understanding."

Y/N smiled back at her. "Always, Stevie," he said. "Always."