Self Control

Fun Fact: Any Frank Ocean song is the leading cause of depression :)

Stevie Nicks sat down for her interview with Rolling Stone, ready to discuss her legendary career and the impact she's had on the music industry. The interviewer, a young music journalist, looked nervous as he asked his next question.

"So, Stevie, I heard a rumor that you once said you would never cry to a Frank Ocean song. Is that true?"

Stevie chuckled. "Yes, that's true. I mean, Frank Ocean is a great artist, but I just don't see myself getting emotional over his music."

The interviewer nodded, taking notes. "Interesting. Have you ever actually listened to one of his songs all the way through?"

Stevie thought for a moment. "No, I haven't. But I don't think it would change my opinion."

Later that evening, Stevie was alone in her Santa Monica condo. She decided to take the interviewer's advice and listen to a Frank Ocean song. She chose "Self Control" and hit play.

As the haunting melody filled the room, Stevie felt a lump form in her throat. The lyrics hit her hard, reminding her of a painful breakup from years ago. She tried to hold back tears, but they flowed freely down her face.

"Now and then you miss it
sounds make you cry
Some nights you dance with
tears in your eyes."

Her boyfriend Y/N arrived home just in time to see Stevie in the midst of a mental breakdown. He rushed to her side, trying to comfort her.

"Stevie, what's wrong? Talk to me."

Stevie could barely speak through her tears. "It's the song... 'Self Control.' It's just so heartbreaking."

"Keep a place for me, for me
I'll sleep between y'all, it's nothing
Keep a place for me
it's nothing, it's nothing
it's nothing, it's nothing"

Y/N held her tightly, rubbing her back as she cried. As the song reached its climax, Stevie sang along with the lyrics, her voice raw with emotion.

"I, I, I know you gotta leave, leave, leave
Take down some summer time
Give up, just tonight, night, night
I, I, I, know you got someone comin'
You're spittin' game, know you got it"

Y/N listened, mesmerized by the power of Stevie's voice and the raw emotion in the song. He held her until the final notes faded away, and she finally stopped crying.

"That was beautiful, Stevie," he said softly.

Stevie sniffled and wiped her tears away. "I don't know what came over me. I guess I just never expected a song to hit me so hard."

Y/N smiled. "That's the power of music, my love. It can bring up emotions you didn't even know were there."

Stevie nodded, feeling grateful for Y/N's support. She knew she would never listen to "Self Control" the same way again. (it's okay stevie, we all haven't emotionally recovered either)