Stand By Your Man

Different outcome of Stevie's brief encounter with Janis Joplin...

Stevie stood backstage, heart racing as she watched her hero, Janis Joplin, take the stage. Just moments ago, Stevie and her boyfriend Y/N had opened for Janis with their band Fritz, and the rush of performing in front of such a huge audience was still coursing through her veins.

After Janis finishes her set, Stevie watched as Janis walked off stage into the backstage area. Stevie's sheer excitement turned to jealousy and anger. She couldn't believe what she was seeing.

Janis was shamelessly flirting with Y/N.

Stevie stormed over to where Janis was standing, her eyes blazing. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" she demanded.

Janis turned to her with a smirk. "Just having a little fun, honey," she drawled. "Your boy here is quite the catch."

Y/N looked a bit uncomfortable, but Stevie wasn't having any of it. "He's MY boyfriend, Janis," she spat. "And I don't appreciate you trying to steal him away from me."

Janis just laughed. "Oh, lighten up, Sweetie. I'm just playing around. You know how I am."

Stevie glared at her, her fists clenched at her sides. "I don't care if you're Janis Joplin or the freaking Queen of England," she said. "Stay away from my man."

Janis raised an eyebrow. "Is that a challenge, honey?"

Stevie stepped forward, ready to defend her man. "You bet your ass it is."

The two women stood there, staring each other down, until finally Janis threw back her head and laughed. "You're something else, Stevie," she said. "I like you."

Stevie looked surprised but couldn't help feeling a little pleased. "Thanks, Janis," she said, a smile creeping onto her face. "I like you too."

Janis clapped her on the shoulder. "Now come on, let's go have a drink and forget about all this drama."

Stevie hesitated for a moment, still feeling a little territorial, but then she nodded. "Okay, let's do it."

As the three of them walked off together, Stevie couldn't help feeling grateful for Janis's approval. She knew that Y/N was hers and hers alone, but it was still nice to have the support of her hero. Plus, she couldn't deny that she was looking forward to sharing a drink with the legendary Janis Joplin.