Tender Is The Night

It was a warm June evening in 1976, and Y/N had just finished a long day of rehearsals with Fleetwood Mac at The Record Plant in Sausalito, California. As he settled into a cozy armchair in the studio's lounge, he opened up a worn copy of "The Great Gatsby" and began to read.

Stevie Nicks, who had been sitting across the room, couldn't help but notice Y/N's engrossment in the book. She had always been drawn to his quiet demeanor and his love for literature, and she found herself growing more and more intrigued with each passing day.

"Hey there," she said, making her way over to Y/N. "What are you reading?"

Y/N looked up from his book and smiled. "Just 'The Great Gatsby'," he said. "I'm trying to read it again with fresh eyes. It's such a beautiful book."

Stevie nodded, her eyes scanning the page. "I love Fitzgerald," she said wistfully. "Have you read 'Tender Is the Night'?"

Y/N shook his head. "Not yet," he said. "Is it good?"

"It's amazing," Stevie replied. "You should borrow my copy when I'm done with it."

They fell into an easy conversation about literature, sharing their favorite books and discussing their interpretations of different works. As the night wore on and the other band members drifted off to bed, Y/N and Stevie remained in the lounge, lost in their own little world of words and ideas.

As the sun began to rise outside, Stevie found herself feeling a newfound sense of attraction towards Y/N. She admired his intelligence and his passion for literature, and she felt a spark of something more than friendship begin to flicker within her.

"I could talk to you about books all day," she said, a smile playing at the corners of her lips.

Y/N looked up at her, his eyes sparkling. "Me too," he said softly.

And in that moment, as the first rays of sunlight crept through the windows of the studio, Stevie knew that she was falling for Y/N, hard and fast. But she also knew that she was willing to take the risk, to see where this newfound attraction might lead. After all, as they say, love and literature are two of life's greatest adventures.

-

The studio was quiet, save for the soft rustle of pages as Y/N and Stevie read their respective copies of "Tender Is the Night." The long day of recording had left them both exhausted, but they had decided to stay a little longer, just the two of them, lost in the world of words.

As they read, Stevie found herself growing more and more restless. She couldn't concentrate on the book; all she could think about was Y/N. She had been feeling this way for a while now, ever since that night in June when they had bonded over their shared love of literature. But she had been too afraid to tell him how she felt, too afraid of ruining their friendship.

But now, as she cuddled close to him, feeling the warmth of his body against hers, she knew that she couldn't keep her feelings bottled up any longer.

"Y/N," she said softly, looking up at him.

He looked down at her, his eyes warm and inviting. "Yeah?"

"I...I don't know how to say this," she stammered. "But I just have to tell you...I feel something for you. Something more than just friendship."

There was a moment of silence as Y/N looked at her, his expression unreadable. Stevie's heart raced, her palms growing sweaty with nerves.

But then, to her relief, Y/N smiled. "Stevie," he said, taking her hand in his. "I feel the same way."

Relief flooded through Stevie, and she felt a smile spread across her face. "Really?" she asked, her heart soaring.

"Really," Y/N confirmed, his thumb rubbing soothing circles on the back of her hand.

And with that, they both set their books aside and wrapped their arms around each other, their lips meeting in a soft, sweet embrace. As they kissed, the world around them faded away, leaving only the two of them and the words they had shared. For Stevie, this was the start of a beautiful new chapter in her life, one filled with love, literature, and the magic of music.